Knowsley

Amber Snowball

Ok. So I have been offered a job in Knowsley, (between Liverpool and Warrington). Any thoughts on places to live around there. Not sure where in the borough I will be based yet. I think I would prefer south of there, was thinking maybe Frodsham, Cuddington if anyone knows these places. I know the bridges across the river are tolled now but could be worth it. Could drive 30-40 mins in. Is traffic poop around there?

Only need a 2-3 bedder, small garden. 

More interested in good places/bad places than housing advice at present. I have searched online for affordability but just interested in neighbourhood reviews.

Thanks in advance.

32 minutes ago, Wa7 said:

Frodsham "generally" is all good.

Budget dependant, places off church street are best. 

Cuddington I don't know as well but has good rep (a poster called saz1 knows this spot well I think )

Saz71 it is

• Like 1

I assume you mean like Prescot/Whiston/Huyton?

Few options, (1) South Liverpool like Allerton, Aigburth, St Michaels, Calderstones way or (2) Rainford, round that way, (3) Lymm, Stockton Heath, or (4) Frodsham Helsby as you mention.

The new bridge means much improved travel times albeit tolled.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Amber Snowball said:

Thanks. Are you no nearer a decision?

Not really, i have too many others to consider. Parents would love to go home but are both frail and seeing doctors weekly. Daughters says she wont go. So feel caught in a no win situation at the moment. Imay just have to go for long holidays each year?

6 hours ago, Scousers1 said:

Not really, i have too many others to consider. Parents would love to go home but are both frail and seeing doctors weekly. Daughters says she wont go. So feel caught in a no win situation at the moment. Imay just have to go for long holidays each year?

It’s hard. My mum followed me here and I put her on a flight back to the UK on Wednesday. She liked it here but accepts nowhere is perfect and that I was returning to the UK. No way she could afford to stay here on her own. I am returning now as she is 78 but still relatively well. Otherwise I might have ploughed on for a couple of years until my son had finished his masters, but by then who’s to say how her health would be and then I would be stuck.

I’m lucky in that I don’t have a husband to consider but my mum and son were told what I wanted to do and why, (in a family meeting) and the reality of staying here in terms of jobs/ money / costs were laid out. Each was given an option of what they wanted to do and here we are. I have factored in everyone’s needs and costed it all so no one is left hanging with a s#it deal and hopefully it will all work out. We are pretty low maintenance! ?

Holidays will help as long as you can afford them. Wish you some peace and stability. Take care.

• Like 2

We finally had a proper talk the three of us tonight. It didnt go well. Hubby is happy to go back to the UK for my mental health but 19 year old daughter says no way will she go. Lots of tears so we are going to give it a couple of days and talk again. The options seem to be we all go or i go withmy parents and leave hubby and daughter here. This is so very difficult. I know i can not see a future here that i would want. 

12 minutes ago, Scousers1 said:

We finally had a proper talk the three of us tonight. It didnt go well. Hubby is happy to go back to the UK for my mental health but 19 year old daughter says no way will she go. Lots of tears so we are going to give it a couple of days and talk again. The options seem to be we all go or i go withmy parents and leave hubby and daughter here. This is so very difficult. I know i can not see a future here that i would want. 

Oh bless you. At least you have all sat down. Good that your husband is willing to return with you as that wasn’t necessarily the case before I think. With my son we found a rental for him and I am helping him with rent as he has a full study load. He’s a bit older than your daughter but would that work? 

Will your parents manage the flight if they are unwell. Not sure how unwell they are and you don’t need to share that. 

Maybe things will become clearer in a couple of days. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2018 at 19:04, Amber Snowball said:

Oh bless you. At least you have all sat down. Good that your husband is willing to return with you as that wasn’t necessarily the case before I think. With my son we found a rental for him and I am helping him with rent as he has a full study load. He’s a bit older than your daughter but would that work? 

Will your parents manage the flight if they are unwell. Not sure how unwell they are and you don’t need to share that. 

Maybe things will become clearer in a couple of days. 

We are still working our way through things and my daughter is adamant she will be staying. Mum has took a turn for the worse but wont know until this week how bad. Hopefully she will pick up. I feel so trapped by everything at the moment

7 minutes ago, Scousers1 said:

We are still working our way through things and my daughter is adamant she will be staying. Mum has took a turn for the worse but wont know until this week how bad. Hopefully she will pick up. I feel so trapped by everything at the moment

Not particularly religious but I’ll send a small prayer up to the man upstairs that you work this out for all of you. Take care.

Sorrry to hear that, I hope your mum picks up because feeling trapped is the pits! Your daughter really has to own her own actions, she’s old enough that she can make those choices for herself but she can’t make them for you. Independence is a wonderful thing and maybe she needs to try it out before you go so that she knows she can do it when the time comes. Fingers crossed for your mum though, hope it’s the best case scenario!
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Toots said:

Frodsham is really nice!   🙂  We used to visit OH's auntie and uncle who lived there many, many years ago.

It is @Toots. I really like it. Still getting to know the area. I work full time and having to get furniture and things for the house I haven’t had much time, but now I am more settled I am starting to explore a bit. The area has been really pretty with the autumn colours. The Christmas lights go on next week. 

My commute to work is much better than in was in Australia as well which has made me very happy also. Amazing the difference that can make.

Generally, life is good. 😀

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/11/2018 at 07:15, Amber Snowball said:

It is @Toots. I really like it. Still getting to know the area. I work full time and having to get furniture and things for the house I haven’t had much time, but now I am more settled I am starting to explore a bit. The area has been really pretty with the autumn colours. The Christmas lights go on next week. 

My commute to work is much better than in was in Australia as well which has made me very happy also. Amazing the difference that can make.

Generally, life is good. 😀

Omg i went  to Frodsham market two weeks ago absolutely loved the area it so quaint! 

• Like 1