Sell in May....

newjez

Well, it's June, and I've put all my pensions into cash.

The market's are a bit choppy for my liking. With potential trade wars I can't see much upside and plenty of downside.

Not qualified to give advice - but I have a feeling we may be overdue a correction.

• Like 1

Can see what you mean.

The markets seem to be defying gravity in the face of all the bad news coming out of the USA these days.  Perhaps it is the prospect of governments caving and giving corporations even more tax cuts.

How do you read the bonds markets?

Edited by Gbye grey sky

5 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Can see what you mean.

The markets seem to be defying gravity in the face of all the bad news coming out of the USA these days.  Perhaps it is the prospect of governments caving and giving corporations even more tax cuts.

How do you read the bonds markets?

I would normally look towards bonds at a time like this, but I have no faith in the bond markets and don't think interest rates have risen enough for bonds to rise.

Have to admit, bond markets have always been a mystery to me. I know the basics but would seek advice before I stepped in. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, newjez said:

I want to retire some day mate, not live in poverty. Gold would be a good idea. Bitcoin is doomed.

I always tell Bitcoin investors they should buy tulip bulbs. They're bound to go back up in price eventually. Get them while the market's still low.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Retire on Dividends - https://www.retireondividends.com/peter-thornhill.html

I don't know Peter Thornhill and have no association with him but I found the above interview very interesting given that I have a swag of shares in a Listed Investment Company that provides me with capital growth and income through dividends.

Edited by IrishDigger
Insert URL