Horridus

It's my 2nd tourist visa in Australia and I don't check in application that I had tuberculosis before and now I have a feeling that it will be back.i don't tell it to

my partner too which is the one who sponsored me.We are planning to go doctor for my check up tomorrow.

my questions:

1.do I tell my partner that I had tb before 18 years ago?

2.do I tell the doctor that I had that tv 18 years ago?

thanks I'm waiting your advices???

4 hours ago, Horridus said:

It's my 2nd tourist visa in Australia and I don't check in application that I had tuberculosis before and now I have a feeling that it will be back.i don't tell it to

my partner too which is the one who sponsored me.We are planning to go doctor for my check up tomorrow.

my questions:

1.do I tell my partner that I had tb before 18 years ago?

2.do I tell the doctor that I had that tv 18 years ago?

thanks I'm waiting your advices???

YES

You should also be prepared for the fact that your doctor should notify Immigration. 

TB is a growing problem in many western countries, including Australia, and it is very easily spread. 

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Nemesis said:

YES

You should also be prepared for the fact that your doctor should notify Immigration. 

TB is a growing problem in many western countries, including Australia, and it is very easily spread. 

Is there no problem in this next time I will apply another tourist visa application?

7 hours ago, Horridus said:

Is there no problem in this next time I will apply another tourist visa application?

Don't you understand? TB is a killer. If you think you have it you need to see a doctor, get it treated, and admit to it every time you are asked about it.

If your tourist visa application asks the question you must answer it honestly, for the sake of the health of everyone breathing the same air as you.

• Like 3

TB is easily spread and the longer contact time (your partner) the more likely it will be .  Tell her, get treated, get it sorted. You will affect those people who share workspaces, public spaces, and even flights with you.  TB is treatable, why would you not treat it?  If you have a harder to treat such as MDR or XDR TB which can be prevalent in eastern Europe (maybe 2.3B people (yes, billion) have latent TB then it's even more important to stop these spreading.

You have NO idea how hard it is to contact trace all the people you will have exposed.  Put a stop to it.

Also, if you ever apply for residency you WILL have mantoux and X ray and it will show all previous lung scarring and residual TB infections both active and inactive. etc. So absolutely zero benefit in lying unless you're actively trying to die and take loved ones with you in quite a slow and painful way. Managed TB is fine and treatment ensures you are non infectious and can move around freely until it's gone after a while under quarantine.

• Like 3

On 07/06/2018 at 00:53, Nemesis said:

YES

Thanks all your advice I appreciated. I treated it 2002 I've done medical in BUPA and no health issue.Two times had medical for my extension and my visa granted.

2 hours ago, Horridus said:

Thanks all your advice I appreciated. I treated it 2002 I've done medical in BUPA and no health issue.Two times had medical for my extension and my visa granted.

then next time you are asked about it just admit it. They may ask you to do a medical but if you no longer have TB you will pass the medical and get the visa.

Just be honest, for the sake of everyone's health, including your own. 

On 07/06/2018 at 19:27, Quoll said:

Blimey, never lie to Immigration!

Absolutely you need to get it checked and fixed but expect problems should you ever try and get residence in Australia.

Thanks Nemesis for the good advice ???

• 5 months later...

I have also cases like this but not tb its about hepa b. when i am applying work here in australia for a technician i applied in agency during that time i did not tell to agency and also during my medical. because during my medical someone told me that in australia it depends on work that you applying.because there is hepa b screening when your job is in food or medical facilities. but my job is not on that categories thats why i did not tell to the agency. so moving on, after my medical.no problem. until i already here in australia working right now. my question is when the time that come i will apply for pr because right now my visa is 482 or tss visa valid for 4 years. do you think it will affect my application or do you think,will denied my application for pr if they known  that i have a hepa b?is there anyone here that granted their pr visa even when they have a hepa b medical issue? kindly share your story. thanks. 

13 minutes ago, hoping said:

I have also cases like this but not tb its about hepa b. when i am applying work here in australia for a technician i applied in agency during that time i did not tell to agency and also during my medical. because during my medical someone told me that in australia it depends on work that you applying.because there is hepa b screening when your job is in food or medical facilities. but my job is not on that categories thats why i did not tell to the agency. so moving on, after my medical.no problem. until i already here in australia working right now. my question is when the time that come i will apply for pr because right now my visa is 482 or tss visa valid for 4 years. do you think it will affect my application or do you think,will denied my application for pr if they known  that i have a hepa b?is there anyone here that granted their pr visa even when they have a hepa b medical issue? kindly share your story. thanks. 

So you lied to an agency in order to get a job?

You lied during a medical to get a visa?

No-one can tell you whether PR will be granted because no-one here is a medical officer working for the department, and no-one has access to your medical reports.

You will also have to explain why you lied on your original visa/medical forms and that will rise to possible character issues. 

Never lie to immigration. 

• Like 2

yeah i know i lied because i am nervous and afraid that they will denied me because i experience a lot of discrimination.and some company they did not accept me if they found out that im hepa carrier even in local and as a father i have to do something for my family and for their future. even i sacrifice my self and thats the reason why i did not tell. but if the time come when im going to apply for pr, i will tell to them the whole story. and if they will not grant the visa its ok. thats why right now i asking here if anyone here grant a pr visa whith hepa b medical issue?

Edited by hoping

21 minutes ago, hoping said:

yeah i know i lied because i am nervous and afraid that they will denied me because i experience a lot of discrimination.and some company they did not accept me if they found out that im hepa carrier even in local and as a father i have to do something for my family and for their future. even i sacrifice my self and thats the reason why i did not tell. but if the time come when im going to apply for pr, i will tell to them the whole story. and if they will not grant the visa its ok. thats why right now i asking here if anyone here grant a pr visa whith hepa b medical issue?

Even if there is someone who has had a grant as a hep b carrier, it is totally irrelevant to your case. 

You not only have the medical issue to overcome, you also have a character issue, of with-holding the information and lying previously.

No-one will have been in precisely the same situation.

Hoping, 

Given the current attitude to migrants, this is your best bet (and in all likelihood, the only chance of not being booted, given  that it WILL become evident, if not now, then it'll always hang over you and WILLL be picked up (along with the time you've known about it) at your next medical.  Also, think of your partner/kids. 

1. Speak to your immigration offer and advise them you have just discovered that you are in a risk group for Hepatitis, as jaundice and kidney transplants aren't cheap, or nice! 

2. Advise them you think you should have a test to determine it,  and they will recommend an approved Doctor. 

3.  See that Doctor, get THEM to confirm it, and provide treatment plan etc.  

4. Once cleared of Hep,  and full disclosure to immigration is better than not, they CAN and DO find out all sorts of things by themselves you know! You can apply in good faith for citizenship etc. Unlikely to be an issue at that point, as you'll A have told them and B,  not have lied or killed a family member through action/inaction on your illness. 

Australia is concerned about the cost of treatment. Fixing you now will cost a few $ (and you, not them).   Dialysis will cost $$$ and you would eventually need this if your Hep A worsened,  or  you could give it to your partner or children (get them tested too to be safe). 

Good luck with telling the truth, it is easier than lying and if you get on with it NOW, you (probably),  won't be responsible for the deaths (screw the visas!) of your family! 

Also, reverse this, your family member catches something from someone who didn't declare their illness. How would this affect you? How would you feel? 

• 3 weeks later...

hi

i have a same problem. I am a nurse and have applied an inmigrant visa. i was diagnosed to b a hep b carrier chronic type. i have taken all diagnostic tests and the results were normal. My liver ultrasound shows no signs of liver damage and my hbv dna is undectable. will these cause me a denial of my application? 

Is there someone whos also a nurse with the same problem as mine that was granted with a visa?

hope you can help me.

Thank you very much.