Advice on posting a parcel (box) to Melbourne

jaykay89

Hi, I am moving to Melbourne in July and as I don't have enough items to be worth looking at a container I am planning on boxing up some clothes and posting them over in a cardboard box with about 20kg worth of clothes in the box and the odd other item like maybe a couple of books or household items.

I just wondered if anybody has done this before and if so could they offer any advice or potentially recommend a courier.

Apologies if I have missed another thread on this topic.

1 hour ago, jaykay89 said:

Hi, I am moving to Melbourne in July and as I don't have enough items to be worth looking at a container I am planning on boxing up some clothes and posting them over in a cardboard box with about 20kg worth of clothes in the box and the odd other item like maybe a couple of books or household items.

I just wondered if anybody has done this before and if so could they offer any advice or potentially recommend a courier.

Apologies if I have missed another thread on this topic.

Have a look at www.sendmybag.com

We used Sevenseas to send three large removalist boxes.   I can't recall the cost. The thing to look out for is that most of these places charge a fee upfront, but then there are port charges to pay as well, once the shipment arrives.   And that's not just on goods over a certain amount.  Make sure you read the small print on the quote.  They can't charge the port charges upfront because it's not up to them how much they are.