Investor Visa Subclass 188b

Hi All,

We have kept an eye on this group and everyone’s trails and tribulations for almost 2 years now. Hoping to one day also post here.
The day has finally arrived. We have applied  for the 188a visa in Sept 2018 for Rural NSW. We received a request for more information this morning. Just PCC and health examination. 
Will keep you posted on any further developments. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RSkea said:

Hi All,

We have kept an eye on this group and everyone’s trails and tribulations for almost 2 years now. Hoping to one day also post here.
The day has finally arrived. We have applied  for the 188a visa in Sept 2018 for Rural NSW. We received a request for more information this morning. Just PCC and health examination. 

Congratulations!!    Great news after long wait , I am also in queue for 188A visa applied in October 2018

Hi All,

Congrats did there ask any other paper work.

1 hour ago, RSkea said:

Hi @Jay

No, just those two things. We have submitted fresh financials after financial year end every year since  we submitted our application. So I guess they would have asked for that had we not done so already. 

Have u done ur medical and pcc earlier or its first time 

Have u done ur medical and pcc earlier or its first time 

Second time once when the application was submitted that’s expired police one is done waiting for the medical to open then do that as well.hiw about you.

12 hours ago, RSkea said:

Hi All,

Great. Congratulations! Not sure, if 188A is in the same queue as 188B. But seems to be quite snychrone right now. See you down under! Pls. start sharing your details, after you were following us for almost 2 years. We are very eager to know how the application proceeds. Espeacially if they grant the visa or if they wait until the travel restrictions are relieved. 

6 hours ago, AYL said:

I would like to apply 188b, but heard that the successful rate is lower, is it? Thanks

Hi, AYL,

I would not say so. 188B is very complex. But the official statistics of applications and grants is very postive. I suggest, more then 80% are granted, probably more than that. To prepare the paperwork for 188B takes a lot of effort. Depends on your case and the country of origion. You will need 2-3 years for this visa. 

Good luck. 

Edited by 3together

Hi @Rishi@18,

No, nothing. Just that we had 70 days to submit. 
I have contact with a lady who has also applied and got a request for further information(PCC, medical and further info on assets) . After handing in got letter 2 weeks later that stated all is good, but they can’t issue visa until this covid-19 situation has relaxed. They will do so as soon as it is allowed. 

I expect to see the same. Will let the group know as we progress.  We are going for medicals tomorrow. 

• Like 1

On 14/05/2020 at 20:52, Rishi@18 said:

Did case officer mentioned grant of ur visa ( like a positive opinion) as he requested you to do the medical and pcc again 

bro ...

please can share your country of origin if you don't t mind .;...i have applied the same NSW regional on last year Sep.  for visa 188 .

On 16/05/2020 at 22:14, EMADELDIN said:

Now, It is 7 months since I submitted the additional documents to my case officer and still no news.

Hi guys,

do you think sending a complaint to the immigration department will be useful to my case?

7 hours ago, EMADELDIN said:

Hi guys,

do you think sending a complaint to the immigration department will be useful to my case?

I did this a few month ago via my immi agent. And the normal relay was, that they do not comment single cases. But in your case, maybe it is only on hold until they open flights again. So it might be a good idea to contact your case officer and check, why the case is still not decided. I do not think is would harm. 

Hi all,

We submitted medicals and PCC monday, and received comments this morning. It stated they are not in a position to finalise the application due to current processing priorities and restrictions in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic. Their final note was “Rest assured, as soon as I am able, I will finalise the application”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 1

On 13/05/2020 at 05:39, 3together said:

Hi, AYL,

I would not say so. 188B is very complex. But the official statistics of applications and grants is very postive. I suggest, more then 80% are granted, probably more than that. To prepare the paperwork for 188B takes a lot of effort. Depends on your case and the country of origion. You will need 2-3 years for this visa. 

Good luck. 

Thank you very much, 3together

On 21/05/2020 at 15:13, AYL said:

Anyone know that as the processing time is over two yrs, if i have new bank account after submission the doc, 1.5m could come from this bank account? Thanks

Sure. If you can prove, that the money on the new bank account is of the assets/ sources of the SALP, then you should be able to use the money. So if you have, for example, stocks. And withhin the waiting period, you sell the stocks, you still can use this money for the investment, as you can prove the sale. Same if you move money from one account to another. But I am quite sure you need to be able to prove the transfer from on of the orginal assets in the SALP. 

On 21/05/2020 at 09:04, RSkea said:

Hi all,

We submitted medicals and PCC monday, and received comments this morning. It stated they are not in a position to finalise the application due to current processing priorities and restrictions in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic. Their final note was “Rest assured, as soon as I am able, I will finalise the application”.

Hi RSkea, 

great news. So they did not ask you to do the investment of AUD 1.5m by now? So they wait with this step as well until the travel restrictions are removed? Or did they ask you to do the investment already?

On 21/05/2020 at 10:04, RSkea said:

Hi all,

Congratulations,

I am still waiting a reply from my case officer. My visa is 188A since 25 June 2018.

I submitted a complaint though my agent but still no response.

one question please, do you get the information from your officer by email or that comment was sent to your immi acount?