Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Jalphonse

Investor Visa Subclass 188b

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, 3together said:

Here the article from last October with some numbers regarding the backlog

It's not a backlog, it's a queue.

A backlog means that work has fallen behind, and the department is working to catch up.  That is not the case.  Processing will never be speeded up and in fact, is more likely to slow down.

Australia offers only a limited number of visas every year.    They don't care if there are thousands more applicants than there are places - that's too bad, you just go to the back of the queue.  This visa has a fairly short queue.  The queue for parent visas, for instance, is at least 6 years.  

It's very unlikely they will increase the number of visas in the near future, because the current government is quite anti-immigration. 


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/04/2020 at 01:00, Marisawright said:

It's not a backlog, it's a queue.

A backlog means that work has fallen behind, and the department is working to catch up.  That is not the case.  Processing will never be speeded up and in fact, is more likely to slow down.

Australia offers only a limited number of visas every year.    They don't care if there are thousands more applicants than there are places - that's too bad, you just go to the back of the queue.  This visa has a fairly short queue.  The queue for parent visas, for instance, is at least 6 years.  

It's very unlikely they will increase the number of visas in the near future, because the current government is quite anti-immigration. 

Thanks for the explanation. The article was talking about a backlog. Well, I read the maximum visas granted for business p.a. was reduced from 7,200 to 6,800. We are getting closer to the end of the fiscal year in Australia. For 189,190 visa, there are monthly statics about invitation rounds. But I cannot find statistics on granted 188 visas per month. Maybe they are all given and we have to wait for the next fiscal year? Do you know a source were to find this information?

(Beginning of Jan. I got the information, they are processing visa applications from late July 2018. If this would be somehow constant flow, they would be processing now visa applications from October 2018. But some friends applied in September and still have no case officer.)


German, applied for 188B visa end of 2018, still waiting for a case officer. Want to migrate with family permanently to Australia in 2020. My business: www.boersenkiosk.de

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 3together said:

Thanks for the explanation. The article was talking about a backlog. Well, I read the maximum visas granted for business p.a. was reduced from 7,200 to 6,800. We are getting closer to the end of the fiscal year in Australia. For 189,190 visa, there are monthly statics about invitation rounds. But I cannot find statistics on granted 188 visas per month. Maybe they are all given and we have to wait for the next fiscal year? Do you know a source were to find this information?

(Beginning of Jan. I got the information, they are processing visa applications from late July 2018. If this would be somehow constant flow, they would be processing now visa applications from October 2018. 

It’s not a constant flow. And yes, if they process the quota before the end of the year then they just stop processing till the next year. 

I know the article called it a backlog but that’s misleading 


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys

I didn't get any update yet. I have few questions

Are officers working from home ? Anyone have received approval for his visa starting from March 1st ( beginning of coronavirus outbreak ) and onwards ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in the same boat not herd anything it’s going to be 19 months tomorrow 20th 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EMADELDIN said:

Hi Guys

I didn't get any update yet. I have few questions

Are officers working from home ? Anyone have received approval for his visa starting from March 1st ( beginning of coronavirus outbreak ) and onwards ? 

I did ask my agent he said he did not here anything that if it’s slow or there working from home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are waiting now 17,5 month and did not hear anything by immigration. Many of the documents like medical, police records, English test are elapsing after some time. 

I think they have reached the seeling for 2019/20 and will not do anything till July 2020. With or without Corona. And I more worry about their review of the business visa program. They might increase the investment sum or cancle 188B. I hope this will not be for all the applicants, already in the system. 

  • Like 1

German, applied for 188B visa end of 2018, still waiting for a case officer. Want to migrate with family permanently to Australia in 2020. My business: www.boersenkiosk.de

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lotusmimile said:

Hi 3together, Which state did you apply in Aus? 

NSW, regional. We want to go to 2444 Port Macquarie. 

  • Like 1

German, applied for 188B visa end of 2018, still waiting for a case officer. Want to migrate with family permanently to Australia in 2020. My business: www.boersenkiosk.de

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My application last updated date changed two times in immi account but there was no message from immigration. Any idea why it happened???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/04/2020 at 11:50, Jay. said:

I did ask my agent he said he did not here anything that if it’s slow or there working from home.

I got an update by my agent today. He had an reply from Immi in HK. Most of us are set up in Adelaite. But HK immigration wrote, that they are delayed due to corona. 1st because of working issues, 2nd because of the travel restictions. If you check the travel restrictions, they do not let anybody in. If you do not mange to enter Australia within you visa timeframe, you must start a new application. So this would be the worst case for all of us! 

USA today anounced, they stop immigration! 😞 Hope Australia will not follow USA. 


German, applied for 188B visa end of 2018, still waiting for a case officer. Want to migrate with family permanently to Australia in 2020. My business: www.boersenkiosk.de

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea that’s true but I have been issued with visa as yet it’s been 19 months this 20 th April .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an update from my agent today. She was notified that 188 visas applications are closed. Existing applications are being processed.

I hope to hear something soon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/04/2020 at 03:54, 3together said:

NSW, regional. We want to go to 2444 Port Macquarie. 

Nobody apply in WA like me. I hope you will receive good news soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any update regarding Adelaide business skill processing centre , are they working nowdays ????

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/04/2020 at 09:07, EMADELDIN said:

I got an update from my agent today. She was notified that 188 visas applications are closed. Existing applications are being processed.

I hope to hear something soon.

 

Hi,

this is quite normal. It is only the state nomination application. This happened last year and the year before as well. 

See here: https://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/business-migration

NSW is now closed to applications for nomination under the Business Innovation and Investment  Program (BIIP).

NSW has exhausted its allocation of nomination applications this program year.

NSW nomination is now closed as we have filled the places provided to us by the Commonwealth Department of Home Affairs.


German, applied for 188B visa end of 2018, still waiting for a case officer. Want to migrate with family permanently to Australia in 2020. My business: www.boersenkiosk.de

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/04/2020 at 14:59, Lotusmimile said:

Nobody apply in WA like me. I hope you will receive good news soon

Most applications, more than 90% are from China+HK+Iran. China+HK are processed in HK immi center. Usually, you will not meet them in this forum. All others are processed in Adelaite. So 2 different queues. 


German, applied for 188B visa end of 2018, still waiting for a case officer. Want to migrate with family permanently to Australia in 2020. My business: www.boersenkiosk.de

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NSW and some other states currently stopped receiving applications till June 30th but they will start in next fiscal year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any web link where we can check how much applications they have approved in this fiscal year as there limit is 6800 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×