Investor Visa Subclass 188b

10 hours ago, 3together said:

Here the article from last October with some numbers regarding the backlog

It's not a backlog, it's a queue.

A backlog means that work has fallen behind, and the department is working to catch up.  That is not the case.  Processing will never be speeded up and in fact, is more likely to slow down.

Australia offers only a limited number of visas every year.    They don't care if there are thousands more applicants than there are places - that's too bad, you just go to the back of the queue.  This visa has a fairly short queue.  The queue for parent visas, for instance, is at least 6 years.  

It's very unlikely they will increase the number of visas in the near future, because the current government is quite anti-immigration. 

On 09/04/2020 at 01:00, Marisawright said:

It's not a backlog, it's a queue.

A backlog means that work has fallen behind, and the department is working to catch up.  That is not the case.  Processing will never be speeded up and in fact, is more likely to slow down.

Australia offers only a limited number of visas every year.    They don't care if there are thousands more applicants than there are places - that's too bad, you just go to the back of the queue.  This visa has a fairly short queue.  The queue for parent visas, for instance, is at least 6 years.  

It's very unlikely they will increase the number of visas in the near future, because the current government is quite anti-immigration. 

Thanks for the explanation. The article was talking about a backlog. Well, I read the maximum visas granted for business p.a. was reduced from 7,200 to 6,800. We are getting closer to the end of the fiscal year in Australia. For 189,190 visa, there are monthly statics about invitation rounds. But I cannot find statistics on granted 188 visas per month. Maybe they are all given and we have to wait for the next fiscal year? Do you know a source were to find this information?

(Beginning of Jan. I got the information, they are processing visa applications from late July 2018. If this would be somehow constant flow, they would be processing now visa applications from October 2018. But some friends applied in September and still have no case officer.)

4 hours ago, 3together said:

Thanks for the explanation. The article was talking about a backlog. Well, I read the maximum visas granted for business p.a. was reduced from 7,200 to 6,800. We are getting closer to the end of the fiscal year in Australia. For 189,190 visa, there are monthly statics about invitation rounds. But I cannot find statistics on granted 188 visas per month. Maybe they are all given and we have to wait for the next fiscal year? Do you know a source were to find this information?

(Beginning of Jan. I got the information, they are processing visa applications from late July 2018. If this would be somehow constant flow, they would be processing now visa applications from October 2018. 

It’s not a constant flow. And yes, if they process the quota before the end of the year then they just stop processing till the next year. 

I know the article called it a backlog but that’s misleading 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, EMADELDIN said:

Hi Guys

I didn't get any update yet. I have few questions

Are officers working from home ? Anyone have received approval for his visa starting from March 1st ( beginning of coronavirus outbreak ) and onwards ? 

I did ask my agent he said he did not here anything that if it’s slow or there working from home.

We are waiting now 17,5 month and did not hear anything by immigration. Many of the documents like medical, police records, English test are elapsing after some time. 

I think they have reached the seeling for 2019/20 and will not do anything till July 2020. With or without Corona. And I more worry about their review of the business visa program. They might increase the investment sum or cancle 188B. I hope this will not be for all the applicants, already in the system. 

• Like 1

On 19/04/2020 at 11:50, Jay. said:

I did ask my agent he said he did not here anything that if it’s slow or there working from home.

I got an update by my agent today. He had an reply from Immi in HK. Most of us are set up in Adelaite. But HK immigration wrote, that they are delayed due to corona. 1st because of working issues, 2nd because of the travel restictions. If you check the travel restrictions, they do not let anybody in. If you do not mange to enter Australia within you visa timeframe, you must start a new application. So this would be the worst case for all of us! 

USA today anounced, they stop immigration! 😞 Hope Australia will not follow USA. 

On 22/04/2020 at 09:07, EMADELDIN said:

I got an update from my agent today. She was notified that 188 visas applications are closed. Existing applications are being processed.

I hope to hear something soon.

Hi,

this is quite normal. It is only the state nomination application. This happened last year and the year before as well. 

See here: https://www.business.nsw.gov.au/live-and-work-in-nsw/visas-and-immigration/business-migration

NSW is now closed to applications for nomination under the Business Innovation and Investment  Program (BIIP).

NSW has exhausted its allocation of nomination applications this program year.

NSW nomination is now closed as we have filled the places provided to us by the Commonwealth Department of Home Affairs.

On 22/04/2020 at 14:59, Lotusmimile said:

Nobody apply in WA like me. I hope you will receive good news soon

Most applications, more than 90% are from China+HK+Iran. China+HK are processed in HK immi center. Usually, you will not meet them in this forum. All others are processed in Adelaite. So 2 different queues.