Investor Visa Subclass 188b

20 hours ago, King3 said:

Hi Steve, some migration agents said that the 750k other than the DI is not essential to be transferred into the Australia, it just requires to have certain amount of assets that are available for transfer, not sure if this is correct meaning🤔

Based on my information you have 2 years to transfer the addtional 750k (if you go to Sydney, it is more) to Australia. If you put the money into an account or invest it, should not matter. It is supposed to cover you living expenses etc. 

20 hours ago, King3 said:

Does anyone know how long it will take to receive the certificate of inscription of designated investment?

Our agent said, it takes a few days only. And I think Jay said the same. After depositing the money, they informed Immi about the deposit. Besides this, you still have to prove that you transfered the money from the designated account. This has to be a certified copy of the bank account, showing the transfer to the bond company. 

On 16/02/2021 at 11:34, Foot356 said:

Thank you for the detail. You are very kind and give us very helpful informations.

Thanks. Yes, I would have loved to find some information like this when I applied. Right now, we are struggeling with the NSW bond company. We had to send documents, certified copies, and the contract. You can do the investment on one name, or on both (if you are married). But they rejected the signature of my wife, as it is very slightly looking different compared to the passport. As well, 1 document of serveral pages was certified by a notary binding the pages together with an official seal. Usual way to do it in Germany, if you change something, you brake the seal. But for the bond company, each page has to be certified seperatly, having stamp, signature etc. Therefore, we have to redo the paperwork and send it by DHL again to Australia. Cost us 2-3 weeks extra, as its not easy to get notary appointments during lockdown. It seems, they bond company is even far more strick than immigration. 

16 hours ago, 3together said:

Based on my information you have 2 years to transfer the addtional 750k (if you go to Sydney, it is more) to Australia. If you put the money into an account or invest it, should not matter. It is supposed to cover you living expenses etc. 

Thank you for your information.

16 hours ago, 3together said:

Our agent said, it takes a few days only. And I think Jay said the same. After depositing the money, they informed Immi about the deposit. Besides this, you still have to prove that you transfered the money from the designated account. This has to be a certified copy of the bank account, showing the transfer to the bond company. 

Visa granted, however we have yet to receive the certificate of inscription, it’s nearly one month, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same situation.

18 hours ago, 3together said:

Thanks. Yes, I would have loved to find some information like this when I applied. Right now, we are struggeling with the NSW bond company. We had to send documents, certified copies, and the contract. You can do the investment on one name, or on both (if you are married). But they rejected the signature of my wife, as it is very slightly looking different compared to the passport. As well, 1 document of serveral pages was certified by a notary binding the pages together with an official seal. Usual way to do it in Germany, if you change something, you brake the seal. But for the bond company, each page has to be certified seperatly, having stamp, signature etc. Therefore, we have to redo the paperwork and send it by DHL again to Australia. Cost us 2-3 weeks extra, as its not easy to get notary appointments during lockdown. It seems, they bond company is even far more strick than immigration. 

Thanks for sharing your experience. Yes. I loved to read your recommendations in this forum. I can guess, I can plan for next step with your experience. Hope to hear good news from you soon!

Hello all,

I've been following this thread for a few years (!), and thought it might be useful to let everyone know the timeline of us being granted our 188b Business Investment visa, which we are thrilled to have recently received, in case it is of use:

10/17- Attended Down Under Live exhibition in Epsom
07/12/2017 - Consultation with Immigration to Oz who we met at Down Under Live
06/07/18 - Expression of Interest (EOI) lodged with NSW
20/08/18 - NSW Sponsorship approved EOI, we received Invitation to Apply (ITA) from Department of Immigration (IMMI)
25/10/18 - IMMI s56 request for more information
22/11/18 - More information sent to Case Officer
20/05/20 - Request for Police & Health Checks from DHA (Department of Home Affairs)
04/06/20 - Police Checks done
17/06/20 - Medicals done 
11/09/20 - IMMI Designated and complying investment (DI) request
22/09/20 - More info requested (Money Laundering Department)
13/11/20 - Investment paid
21/01/20 - Visa Granted

The process was held up in the final stages due to our certified letters being stuck at Gatwick for 2 x 3 weeks due to Coronavirus, and I believe at some point we had to ask for an extension because of this. My husband was the lead applicant, myself and our four children are also on the application, sadly two no longer wish to come as one wants to go to university in the UK, and the other is moving to Sweden.

We used John Adams and Warwick at  Immigration2oz.com who were wonderful.
We are currently using BDH Sterling for tax and financial advice on Immigration to Oz’s advice, and they have been excellent.

Best wishes with your applications all,
Lisa

• Like 1

Hi Jay

That's such good news! John really is lovely. We had such a good experience. It looks like you are moving to Sydney with children too! Do message me and let me know how it goes. I'm trying to get my 13 year old and 7 year old into schools as the moment. We are planning on moving to Sydney in May 2021. 

Best wishes

Lisa

x

Yea moving to Sydney my son is in high school going through his GCSE, his results comes in August after that there want to meet there grab in india then we going around November.

I would want to contact you email me then I will give my number to you jatinderd@hotmail.co.uk 

Have you been there before, what area you going to I’m have not been but my daughter has she does not like it, I am having problems for his school has well, once you email me I will give my number so we can talk further. 

On 28/09/2020 at 09:53, RSkea said:

Hi All,

Our 188a visa was granted on 25 September 2020. From start to finish took 24 months. 

Good luck to all still in the queue. Hang in there.

Ronel 

Hello Ronel.

Please may I ask from requesting Medicals from your CO how long did it take to be granted your Visa? We were contacted to complete medicals/Police checks and submitted them over on the 8th February, crossing our fingers we hear sometime real soon.

Kind regards

Annette

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NettyHodgy said:

Hello Ronel.

Please may I ask from requesting Medicals from your CO how long did it take to be granted your Visa? We were contacted to complete medicals/Police checks and submitted them over on the 8th February, crossing our fingers we hear sometime real soon.

Kind regards

Annette

Hi Annette,

It was 4 months. This was during peak Covid last year and we were advised by the CO that it will be a wait. Hopefully your wait will be shorter. 
All the best

Ronel

• Like 1

On 20/02/2021 at 23:40, King3 said:

Does anyone know how long it will take to receive the certificate of inscription of designated investment?

I took a month to receive due to Covid 19 chaos of air mail. They usually issue the certificate within a week or two after well received the funding. 

• 3 weeks later...

Next step ahead. Yesterday we finally got the OK to transfer the investment. We got invitation to do the investment 11.01.2021. 26.03.2021 finally the OK to do wire the investment. They did reject the signature on the investment contract, as it was not close enought to the on in the passport. Honestly, they take bureaucracy very seriously. As papers need to be send in origin, it took ages to do the application for investment twice. 

4 hours ago, 3together said:

Next step ahead. Yesterday we finally got the OK to transfer the investment. We got invitation to do the investment 11.01.2021. 26.03.2021 finally the OK to do wire the investment. They did reject the signature on the investment contract, as it was not close enought to the on in the passport. Honestly, they take bureaucracy very seriously. As papers need to be send in origin, it took ages to do the application for investment twice. 

Congratulations! 

Hi 

i received additional documents request from CO on 25 November 2020 and submited 18th December 2020 but still no update from CO. 

Anyone idea expecting processing time after additional documents almost 3.5 months completed? Can anyone give me idea?

On 01/04/2021 at 16:14, Asif Shaikh said:

Hi 

i received additional documents request from CO on 25 November 2020 and submited 18th December 2020 but still no update from CO. 

Anyone idea expecting processing time after additional documents almost 3.5 months completed? Can anyone give me idea?

In our case it took 2 weeks only. Similar timing. You might send an email and ask about the status? Maybe this email: business.skills.adelaide@homeaffairs.gov.au 

7 hours ago, Asif Shaikh said:

I have send email as per above address but not responding.

I think the only thing you can do is wait and see. They do not send you information if the documents are completely or not. The communication is quite much one way. Best check the documents again if they are sufficient. Maybe you have some more and you send the whole package again. Difficult to say what to do. I have an migration agent and he told me the same ... wait. I did not like this at all, but in the end it worked out.