Investor Visa Subclass 188b

1 hour ago, 3together said:

YES!!!! Congratulations!!! I suppose you have 12 month for the 1st touch of the ground. I would go asap. 🙂 I hope to see you downunder! 

We are sending today our paperwork to the investment fond. So another 1-2 month and we should have the visa as well. 

Hi. Did you deposit the investment fund already?

On 27/01/2021 at 14:49, Manrug said:

Just to update everyone who are waiting for a Case Officer. 

We got our request for further information today. Just 3 things

1) New medicals

2) Police checks

3) Identify Designated investment

It is a dilemma for us, because we were hoping our 143 visa would have come first, the 188b was the backup. With the ongoing covid19  lockdown in the UK, I do not know how easy its going to be to get everything together in 28 days.

Congratulations Manrug !

On 29/01/2021 at 15:01, Foot356 said:

How long it takes to hav visa after deposit the fund?

Should be around 1 month. First you make the contract to deposit the money with the state fond. This takes you a few weeks. After you deposit the money. Then you need to send this paperwork again to immigration. They need to process it. Expect 2-4 weeks for each step, as they have a lot of applications to take care of. After this, you should get the visa by mail. 

Edited by 3together

40 minutes ago, 3together said:

Should be around 1 month. First you make the contract to deposit the money with the state fond. This takes you a few weeks. After you deposit the money. Then you need to send this paperwork again to immigration. They need to process it. Expect 2-4 weeks for each step, as they have a lot of applications to take care of. After this, you should get the visa by mail. 

Thank you very much for valuable information!

Typically State Government and Territory Investment bodies will issue investment confirmations almost immediately after the investments have been made and funds cleared. Once you provide the investment conformation plus other documents supporting your money trail, DHA will typically grant the visa within a few days. So, Yes the process is usually wrapped up in just a week or two from the applicant transferring funds. I have had some processed in just 2-3 days.It certainly does appear that processing has picked up again however anyone contemplating applying for the 188b, should move quickly given this visa subclass has been flagged for an overhaul. It might also be worth checking eligibility for other possible visa a streams. I have had prospective investment visa applicants contact me where through an in depth discussion we have determined other pathways were more appropriate. All the best everyone and good luck! 

On 04/02/2020 at 18:03, Steve Elliott said:

Regarding the 888 nomination, this still requires nomination from State or Territory. They will be looking at evidence of you moving the extra 750k to Australia within 2 years of visa grant. The expectation is THA these funds will be used as settlement funds for housing, supporting yourself financially etc.

For QLD, is there any specific investment requirement on this 750k? How about Invest in Aussie ETF, US stock etc securities? Your any advice is highly appreciated.

13 hours ago, jun689 said:

For QLD, is there any specific investment requirement on this 750k? How about Invest in Aussie ETF, US stock etc securities? Your any advice is highly appreciated.

There are no specific requirements re where these funds are invested however they would be looking for you to settle in Queensland and likely buy or rent a property there.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Steve Elliott said:

There are no specific requirements re where these funds are invested however they would be looking for you to settle in Queensland and likely buy or rent a property there.

Big Thanks to your advice. Settle in QLD is definitely but my personal opinion I do not perfer buying a property under TR status cos too many additional costs and uncertainty on becoming PR by the reason of for example health issue. Besides, any currency I can hold, right? Cos I prefer spare some for buying US or overseas stocks before buying a property after turning into PR.

19 hours ago, Foot356 said:

Every step takes time quite long...

Yes. They want documents certified, so you need to an appointment at notary etc. After they want the original one send to Australia, which takes time. Then they have to process it, takes time. After the confirmation you have to confirm and prove again, of course certified, that you send the money from the right account etc. pp. So it just takes a lot of time to process all steps. 

On 14/02/2021 at 04:10, 3together said:

Yes. They want documents certified, so you need to an appointment at notary etc. After they want the original one send to Australia, which takes time. Then they have to process it, takes time. After the confirmation you have to confirm and prove again, of course certified, that you send the money from the right account etc. pp. So it just takes a lot of time to process all steps. 

Thank you for the detail. You are very kind and give us very helpful informations.

On 11/02/2021 at 12:05, Steve Elliott said:

Hi Steve, some migration agents said that the 750k other than the DI is not essential to be transferred into the Australia, it just requires to have certain amount of assets that are available for transfer, not sure if this is correct meaning🤔