Investor Visa Subclass 188b

2 hours ago, Manrug said:

Well done, very pleased for you. How many days have they given you to make the investment?

It is 28 days. But you can prolong is easily by another 28 days. But my agent said, you must complete in 70 days in total. Still some paperwork, prove of money source used etc. And they give you right now 0.1% interest rate on the AUD 1.5m. 

20 hours ago, Manrug said:

Thanks for your reply. Such a low interest, when we initially applied couple of years ago it was in the  region of 3%.

Yes, same for us. We did calculate with 3% as an additional income. After the RBA reduced the cash rate to 0.1%, all interest rates went down dramatically. Thanks to Corona crisis. Unluckily, they offer this rate now for the total 4 years I suppose. Even if the interest goes up, I think we are stuck with the 0.1%. We all pay a high price to migrate to Australia. Low return on investment, years of waiting, high investment of time and money to meet the criteria. 

4 minutes ago, 3together said:

Yes, same for us. We did calculate with 3% as an additional income. After the RBA reduced the cash rate to 0.1%, all interest rates went down dramatically. Thanks to Corona crisis. Unluckily, they offer this rate now for the total 4 years I suppose. Even if the interest goes up, I think we are stuck with the 0.1%. We all pay a high price to migrate to Australia. Low return on investment, years of waiting, high investment of time and money to meet the criteria. 

But your foreign income isn't taxable in Australia until your permanent residency visa is granted.

It's not all bad news!   😀

Best regards.

13 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

But your foreign income isn't taxable in Australia until your permanent residency visa is granted.

It's not all bad news!   😀

Best regards.

Sure not all news are bad news. But if the income is not taxable in Autralia, it is taxable in my home country. We have to pay one or the other way. There are so many pros to Australia, that we still want to migrate. But the hurdle is high. On the other hand, Australia can be very selective right now, based on number of applications. 

Unfortunately, wait lists for 188bs are still long. Hopefully they process will quicken up but don't hold your breath. The department has however given processing priority to the 188c's because I sense that the applicants are bringer higher investment amounts into Australia with the complying investments being higher risk and return aimed in part at Venture Capital, Private Equities and smaller/emerging companies. I have just had one 188c granted in 11 months and am aware of a few being granted in under 6 months. True, most of us do not have a spare $5million lying under the bed but there are many aspiring migrants who do and the Government know this.

1 hour ago, Lotusmimile said:

Hi Redkpu, 

Nothing. How about you?

Nothing no information till today. But dec 2018 clear as I read in fourm. 

On 25/12/2020 at 13:10, Lotusmimile said:

Hi Redkpu,

No, it isn’ HK. It’s Adelaide. 

Hi you applied july 2019 right. Now you get visa in jan 2021.. I applied oct 2019 I am not sure when I will get CO. .

On 23/01/2021 at 11:31, Jay. said:

Once visa granted would there be any conditions saying when we need to entry to Australia and with border closed can we go on the visa without have exemption.

Hi Jay. My agent said, you will get a 12 mounth period to touch ground first time. The Australian border is open for visa holders 188. They are an exemption, so you can go anytime you catch a flight. 

Just to update everyone who are waiting for a Case Officer. 

We got our request for further information today. Just 3 things

1) New medicals

2) Police checks

3) Identify Designated investment

It is a dilemma for us, because we were hoping our 143 visa would have come first, the 188b was the backup. With the ongoing covid19  lockdown in the UK, I do not know how easy its going to be to get everything together in 28 days.

22 minutes ago, Manrug said:

1) New medicals

2) Police checks

It is a dilemma for us, because we were hoping our 143 visa would have come first, the 188b was the backup. With the ongoing covid19  lockdown in the UK, I do not know how easy its going to be to get everything together in 28 days.

Congratulations Manrug 🍾🍾🍾

4 hours ago, Manrug said:

1) New medicals

2) Police checks

You can extend the period to 2 x 28 days. We did the same. 

Thanks Every one for your well wishes. If you are waiting for your turn, I am sure it will arrive soon. I would say its taking around 24 months at the moment.

3together thanks for updating on 2 x 28 extensions. Can  you please clarify. Immi has given us 28 days to submit information requested. Does that mean we can extend it by another 28 days meaning 56 days in total  OR can we extend it by another 2 x 28 days in addition to the 28 days we have already ie 56+28 days = 84 days in total.

On 27/01/2021 at 19:19, Manrug said:

Thanks Every one for your well wishes. If you are waiting for your turn, I am sure it will arrive soon. I would say its taking around 24 months at the moment.

3together thanks for updating on 2 x 28 extensions. Can  you please clarify. Immi has given us 28 days to submit information requested. Does that mean we can extend it by another 28 days meaning 56 days in total  OR can we extend it by another 2 x 28 days in addition to the 28 days we have already ie 56+28 days = 84 days in total.

As I know you have 1 extention. So you have initial 28 days and then an extention biy 28 days. You need to ask for this extention, explain why you need it and show your progress so far. 

Hi everyone my application was sent on 20/09/2018 and today I got my visa it was long journey but got there. I hope everyone as there soon. Know I have to sort my other two children out who are 25 and 24 then we can leave the uk Together.

46 minutes ago, Jay. said:

Hi everyone my application was sent on 20/09/2018 and today I got my visa it was long journey but got there. I hope everyone as there soon. Know I have to sort my other two children out who are 25 and 24 then we can leave the uk Together.

YES!!!! Congratulations!!! I suppose you have 12 month for the 1st touch of the ground. I would go asap. 🙂 I hope to see you downunder! 

We are sending today our paperwork to the investment fond. So another 1-2 month and we should have the visa as well. 

Edited by 3together