Investor Visa Subclass 188b

7 hours ago, spherical said:

Hi Jay, would you mind telling the main reason for you to choose Sydney instead of staying at UK? I applied from Hong Kong to Perth. Thanks.

Hi Spherical, I am from HK and also applied for Perth as well. I am in the stage of collecting document for DHA now. How about you and what's your status? Good luck

1 hour ago, Lok said:

Hi Spherical, I am from HK and also applied for Perth as well. I am in the stage of collecting document for DHA now. How about you and what's your status? Good luck

I applied at Feb 2020, my status is "Application Received", I don't even have a case officer at the moment. Btw, would you consider UK?

2 minutes ago, spherical said:

I applied at Feb 2020, my status is "Application Received", I don't even have a case officer at the moment. Btw, would you consider UK?

In case my application for Australia fail, I will definite consider UK  - most likely Surrey, Reading or Brighton 

On 28/09/2020 at 09:53, RSkea said:

Hi All,

Our 188a visa was granted on 25 September 2020. From start to finish took 24 months. 

Good luck to all still in the queue. Hang in there.

Ronel 

Hi Ronel.

May i ask, once you were allocated a case worker how long did you visa take to be finalised from that point? We have our State invitation and have submitted our application now in full back in May?

Thank you 

27 minutes ago, NettyHodgy said:

Hi Ronel.

May i ask, once you were allocated a case worker how long did you visa take to be finalised from that point? We have our State invitation and have submitted our application now in full back in May?

Thank you 

Hi there,

Our full application went in in Sept 2018. We only got a case officer in May 2020. That was 20 months waiting.  It was COVID-19 at that point and we were advised that there will be a wait for the actual grant of the visa. So from first contact of the case officer to actual grant of the visa was another 4 months. The total time from application to grant was 24 months. I have to say, during this whole time the status on our application remained “initial assessment”. 

With the current applications in the cue and available spaces for the 188 visa (only 6700 per year if I remember correctly) the wait time is around 28 months for applications made this year. This was our calculations, and turned out to be pretty accurate for ours and other people we know of that also applied. 

There is a budget speech on 6 Oct 2020, were announcements around immigration numbers will be made. Hopefully they will assign more spaces to the 188 visa (good for helping the economy recover) which will see the processing times come down. 

I hope this helps. 

Note also that subclass 188 visa holders are now on the list of visa types permitted to arrive in Australia.

I wrote to the Minister a couple of months ago suggesting that the processing of subclass 188A visa applications should be prioritised in an effort to help re-build the Australian economy.    I'm not claiming any credit, but it would be good to see those who have successful business experience in the country soonest

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

On 04/10/2020 at 08:14, RSkea said:

Hi there,

Our full application went in in Sept 2018. We only got a case officer in May 2020. That was 20 months waiting.  It was COVID-19 at that point and we were advised that there will be a wait for the actual grant of the visa. So from first contact of the case officer to actual grant of the visa was another 4 months. The total time from application to grant was 24 months. I have to say, during this whole time the status on our application remained “initial assessment”. 

With the current applications in the cue and available spaces for the 188 visa (only 6700 per year if I remember correctly) the wait time is around 28 months for applications made this year. This was our calculations, and turned out to be pretty accurate for ours and other people we know of that also applied. 

There is a budget speech on 6 Oct 2020, were announcements around immigration numbers will be made. Hopefully they will assign more spaces to the 188 visa (good for helping the economy recover) which will see the processing times come down. 

I hope this helps. 

And there it is

https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/alantudge/Pages/Securing-and-Uniting-Australia-as-part-of-the-Government’s-economic-recovery-plan-.aspx?fbclid=IwAR0Qv-vDafKcxz2RFIeoRFaJBuzTF3Q8gIrsNhZ0OTuqRlD9I0OQf2rei-I

13500 places for business visa. 

• Thanks 1

On 07/10/2020 at 08:34, RSkea said:

Great. But they need to increase number of case officers a lot. After they did not really manage to work down the 6.500 application level, how they want to manage 13,500? I hope they will put more focus on it now. 

• Like 1

I think you will find that they will simply re-allocate case officers or delegates as we call them in the industry. The fact that they have established a Global Talent and Business Visa taskforce to identify and attract high calibre candidates suggests the BIIP program is being given greater priority thus processing should speed up (thoretically)!

On 09/10/2020 at 11:31, Steve Elliott said:

I think you will find that they will simply re-allocate case officers or delegates as we call them in the industry. The fact that they have established a Global Talent and Business Visa taskforce to identify and attract high calibre candidates suggests the BIIP program is being given greater priority thus processing should speed up (thoretically)!

We hope so. When we applied, it was 20 mounth 75% and 22 mounth 90% of application processed. We wait now 23 mounth and do not even have a case officer. 

Hey Everyone, 

I applied for my 188b visa to Qld in the 30th of December 2018 - 

done my medical examination and police checks in may 2019 

and haven’t heard anything back since then ! 

Is there anyone here who applied in the same period and his visa was granted?  

11 hours ago, saher 1 said:

Hey Everyone, 

I applied for my 188b visa to Qld in the 30th of December 2018 - 

done my medical examination and police checks in may 2019 

and haven’t heard anything back since then ! 

Is there anyone here who applied in the same period and his visa was granted?  

We applied beginning of Nov. 2018. No case officer by now. 😞 Waiting 23 mounth now. Which country you are from? 

Applications from China and Hong Kong get processed in Hong Kong whereas the rest are processed at the Adelaide business centre. I have certainly noticed the number of grants of business visas has increased lately so I sense they are slowly getting through the backlog. Sadly, you will just have to be patient and hope the wheels in the DHA processing centre start to quicken up. I have my fingers crossed for you both!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Asif Shaikh said:

On AUS Immigration website shows now investment catagory processing time 29 to 30 months..it will be implemented lodged application as well? Can someone advice me.

Hi Asif, from where you see the processing time is 29 to 30 months?

I check with this official link https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/business-innovation-and-investment-188 and as usual it states :"There are no standard processing times available for this stream."

6 hours ago, Asif Shaikh said:

Jep, states 29-30 mounth. Puh, I cannot belive this is for our applications, launched in 2018, as well. They double the number of visa places, but the process takes ages to process the application. Is there such a high demand? 

16 hours ago, Asif Shaikh said:

Thanks Asif. Hopefully not as I expect it the opposite. My understanding (and also I believe) they should expedite and shorten the processing time. Otherwise, why  need to increase the quota ? !

On 28/10/2020 at 11:22, Lok said:

Thanks Asif. Hopefully not as I expect it the opposite. My understanding (and also I believe) they should expedite and shorten the processing time. Otherwise, why  need to increase the quota ? !

I think you will find they process will speed up. I have just had one client whose application was processed in 10 months. There is a huge emphasis on integrity checks in order to satisfy the anti money laundering and counter terrorism requirements. Proving source of funds and evidence funds were acquired legitimately is an ongoing challenge for many applicants.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Elliott said:

I think you will find they process will speed up. I have just had one client whose application was processed in 10 months. There is a huge emphasis on integrity checks in order to satisfy the anti money laundering and counter terrorism requirements. Proving source of funds and evidence funds were acquired legitimately is an ongoing challenge for many applicants.

Thanks Steve. May I know if your client's application is came from Hong Kong or other countries?

For the importance of integrity check, it is well noted. - thanks.

1 hour ago, Steve Elliott said:

I feel this quite unfair! What you have clients processed in 10 months? I am waiting now 24 and even do not have a case officer. I though Australia has the rule of "equal rights". 

• Like 1

On 29/10/2020 at 20:08, 3together said:

I feel this quite unfair! What you have clients processed in 10 months? I am waiting now 24 and even do not have a case officer. I though Australia has the rule of "equal rights". 

This wasn't a 188b but a 188c.  The 188c's have a smaller number of applications relative to 188. The applicant was not from China/HK. 

• Thanks 1