Investor Visa Subclass 188b

1 July 2020
Update to Victoria’s subclass 491, 190, 188 and 132 visa nomination programs

The Victorian Government’s state nomination program will remain temporarily closed while we await the Commonwealth Government’s allocation of state nomination places for 2020-21.

In the meantime, you will not be able to apply for the following state nomination visas:

• Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (subclass 491) visa
  • Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa
  • Business Innovation stream (subclass 188A) (Provisional) visa
  • Investor stream (subclass 188B) (Provisional) visa
  • Significant Investor stream (subclass 188C) (Provisional) visa
  • Entrepreneur stream (subclass 188E) (Provisional) visa
  • Significant Business History  (subclass 132A) (Permanent) visa
  • Venture Capital Entrepreneur (subclass 132B) (Permanent) visa

We will notify you when the 2020-21 Victorian state nomination program reopens after further advice from the Commonwealth Government.

You can still lodge your Expression of Interest (EOI) through the Commonwealth’s Department of Home Affairs SkillSelect system.  An EOI will be required before you can apply for a Victorian visa nomination.

23 hours ago, EMADELDIN said:
1 July 2020
Update to Victoria’s subclass 491, 190, 188 and 132 visa nomination programs

The Victorian Government’s state nomination program will remain temporarily closed while we await the Commonwealth Government’s allocation of state nomination places for 2020-21.

In the meantime, you will not be able to apply for the following state nomination visas:

• Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (subclass 491) visa
  • Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa
  • Business Innovation stream (subclass 188A) (Provisional) visa
  • Investor stream (subclass 188B) (Provisional) visa
  • Significant Investor stream (subclass 188C) (Provisional) visa
  • Entrepreneur stream (subclass 188E) (Provisional) visa
  • Significant Business History  (subclass 132A) (Permanent) visa
  • Venture Capital Entrepreneur (subclass 132B) (Permanent) visa

We will notify you when the 2020-21 Victorian state nomination program reopens after further advice from the Commonwealth Government.

You can still lodge your Expression of Interest (EOI) through the Commonwealth’s Department of Home Affairs SkillSelect system.  An EOI will be required before you can apply for a Victorian visa nomination.

Any news regarding NSW 

We all are desperate to go. And I think we do bring assets and skills with us, which will help the Australian economy. Still wondering, why immigration is not more service orientated and keeps us informed about processing status etc. The investors are only small number of total immigrants, but I assume we bring a good benefit for them. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EMADELDIN said:

Hi all,

Anyone has contacted his agent to check his visas issuance in July when the new financial year started?

I did and they told me, that immi is processing now visa from 08.2018. Which I think, is not correct, as processing Jays application was about 2 month ago and she applied in 09.2018. Immi is not responding to questions like this, so we just need to wait, and wait and wait. Due to Corona, they are not granting any visa, so I suppose in 2019/2020 the quota was not reached. Personally I think it is all delayed by Corona and travel restrictions. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/07/2020 at 19:06, Rishi@18 said:

Immigration still not working on GSM Visa applications , only international study visa applications are in process from last week

But does 188B counts to GSM? I think not, right? Still it seems they are not working at applications these days. 

On 28/07/2020 at 00:03, Asif Shaikh said:

@Steve Elliott

Dear Steve

In Current situation Australia Immigration reduces applications 2020 - 2021and  is it effected lodged application?

Hi Asif. The quotas for 2020-21 should have no impact on visas already lodged. For what it's worth my gut feel is that when States and territories are allocated places for 20-21 and subsequently re-open their respective programs for EOI's, they will close very quickly as there will be a backlog ready to go. I have seen this happen before where programs reopen only to be closed within hours.

My application was submitted on 20/09/2018

and I heard back them 27/04/2020 for more information and medical again with police check as well the medical was on 6th July 2020 every thing as been sent and still waiting no news as yet finger grossed.

On 03/08/2020 at 10:38, Asif Shaikh said:

Thanks Elliote.

My application lodged on December 2018 but still no any update. Plz have you any idea how many months required for further processing.

Same for me. Lodged in November 2018, no update so far. Very strange, if you calculate the data of Jay, who lodged in 20/09/2018 and got a case officer in 27/04/2020. Lodged 7 weeks before me, but got case officer already 13 weeks ago. 😞 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 3together, 

I think we're in the same boat. The waiting process is killing me! I lodged my application on 30/11/2018, did a medical exam and submitted form 80 around 1 year ago and since then have not heard anything from the Victoria gov yet. 

Are there any chances you know how long it takes from the application lodgement to the request of fund transfer (AUD $1.5M)? My lawyer said at around 18 months but i'm not too sure if it's correct. 

I hope they can get our application processed anytime soon! Keep us updated! 

Regards,

Mel 

There is no processing time and you medical as expired then  maybe there will ask you to do the medical and police again we have to do it again. 
we’re you living at the moment I’m from London we still waiting as well.

Hi Jay,

We are from Spain. Thank you for your reminder, but we did our medical exams and PCC in Oct last year so it should be fine for now. Hopefully we will receive a response before then. 

Hmm about the processing time, the immi account showed the processing time for our case is 20-22 months.  I'm not sure if it's still reliable given the current circumstance. When did you lodge yours?

6 hours ago, oz.soup4 said:

Hi Jay,

We are from Spain. Thank you for your reminder, but we did our medical exams and PCC in Oct last year so it should be fine for now. Hopefully we will receive a response before then. 

Hmm about the processing time, the immi account showed the processing time for our case is 20-22 months.  I'm not sure if it's still reliable given the current circumstance. When did you lodge yours?

Yes, the waiting time is killing us as well. We are ready to go. Our application stated as well 20-22 month. So you applied 22 days after us. Our agent said, it would go faster, but I suppose it takes longer these days. The main problem is, that Australia is not opening their boarders, so even when they process our application, they will not grant a visa until there is a date when Australia is opening the boarders for non Australians. So far, I read, they first wanted to allowed NZ travelles again, later international students and long-term visa holders. Which might then be us. For tourist, they said, they will not open then borders before 2021. 😞 

Medical is valid usually 1 year, but could be prolonged by case officer by 6 month. We will have to do medical again when they start processing our application. PPC is valid only 12 month, after you have to renew it. 

I am sick of waiting. ... We want to start our life in Australia asap. Were are you planning to move to? Melbourne? 

21 hours ago, oz.soup4 said:

Hi 3together, 

Are there any chances you know how long it takes from the application lodgement to the request of fund transfer (AUD $1.5M)? My lawyer said at around 18 months but i'm not too sure if it's correct. 

I think you cannot predict anything here. They do not tell you the time it takes. As I know, we are processed in the order of application dates. And it should be 20-22 month. But it is, for sure, delayed. We are already waiting 21 month. Even when our migration agents asks for an update, they do not tell him. Very bad for us investors, as we have to get the money ready to do the investment. They will give us a month to do the investment, but we do not know when we need the cash to do so. Additonally Corona is delaying everything due to the travel restrictions. I dought that they will open up boarders in 2020. 😭