Investor Visa Subclass 188b

On 04/02/2020 at 21:03, Steve Elliott said:

Regarding the 888 nomination, this still requires nomination from State or Territory. They will be looking at evidence of you moving the extra 750k to Australia within 2 years of visa grant. The expectation is THA these funds will be used as settlement funds for housing, supporting yourself financially etc.

Missed this earlier, many thanks for the information Steve 

9 hours ago, Asif Shaikh said:

@ Steve Elliott

Processing time not shows on my application status on immigiration portal. Plz can you confirm me what means this?

We all do not know were we stand. They do not give details on the processing time per case. Base on latest information the time they start processing your visa is probably18-19 month. As they work down the list by date, you never know how many people applied just before you. 

On 21/02/2020 at 02:51, mapletree said:

You can find the rates here:

https://www.tcv.vic.gov.au/immigration-investors/immigration-investment-rates

and no, you have no options whatsoever, you can only buy the 4 year bonds from TCV at the rates they dictate, which are atrocious even for the current market.

Thanks a lot. Ups, 0,5% is very low. Well, did not expect anything exiting here. This is for Victoria. I suppose NSW will be similar. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2020 at 02:36, Asif Shaikh said:

Thanks Steve Elliott. Almost 14 months done submited of my application. Do you know how many days require for further.

We are waiting now 16 months. So you are 2 month behind us. There is someone 6 weeks before us, and they do not have any feedback by now. Most likely you have to wait another 6 month. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/03/2020 at 04:32, 3together said:

We are waiting now 16 months. So you are 2 month behind us. There is someone 6 weeks before us, and they do not have any feedback by now. Most likely you have to wait another 6 month. 

I had submitted  my application 21 months ago and the file sent to an officer 5 months ago ,he asked for additional documents which had been provided to him in one week . no news since that time .

31 minutes ago, EMADELDIN said:

I had submitted  my application 21 months ago and the file sent to an officer 5 months ago ,he asked for additional documents which had been provided to him in one week . no news since that time .

I’m still waiting now it’s been 18months 

22 hours ago, EMADELDIN said:

Oh, that sounds like bad news. Can you tell us what kind of additional documents they asked for? Did you have to do the medical again, as it is valid generally only 1 year? 

22 hours ago, EMADELDIN said:

Do you think Coronavirus(COVID-19) will affect the work progress in immigration department? 

I think there are lots of reasons why it take so long. First of all, there are more applicants than visas. They have a sealing for business visas of about 6,800 p.m. It used to be 7,200. But they have far more applicants. I read an article, maybe one year old, that about 20,000 were in the queue. The number for 188B is very low, but I think 188A and 132 have big numbers. We are getting closer to the end of the fiscal year. So maybe they are close to the sealing. Second, there is a review of the 188B visa and of the general concept of business visas going on. It might cause a delay as well. They are discussing to increase the AUD 1,5m as well as maybe reducing the visa options. 

COVID-19 might slow it down as well. Right now only citizen and PR are allowed to enter the country. So, if we get the 188B, which is temporary, will we be able to enter Australia on a special permit or not? Not sure. Most probably there are some of the case officers  in HK and in Adelaite which are not working due to the virus. 

So I have no real answer to your question, but the same worries that the visa process is delayed right now due to several reasons. 

5 hours ago, bbjarvis said:

Anyone submitted applications on june,2019? Any feedback yet? Should everyone wait 20~22 months? 

June 2019. You migh have to wait till 2022. Processing is in order of applications. Most probably timing is far more than 24 month. 

• 2 weeks later...