Anybody else "bricking it"?

1 month to go until the new skilled occupation list is released. ???

With an occupation on the short-term list, I have to hope that it is still there come 1st July and sponsored by a state. Well and truly "bricking it" I have to say.

Good luck to all others in the same boat.

25 minutes ago, Samson said:

Thanks for the link Samson. Appears to indicate my occupation is staying put, but the document would suggest further changes could be made by 1st July.

25 minutes ago, Samson said:

Lol @ Footballer getting raised to the Long Term list... 

I read/heard Australia are putting a lot of investment into football with a plan to be world beaters in 20 years or something along those lines. Perhaps the promotion to MLTSSL is linked to that objective? 

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

Less than a week to go until July....

This month has dragged!

I hear ya. I've been impatiently waiting since 15th December 2017 to see what happens next week!!! Just hope the nominated occupation is still on the list and South Australia are willing to sponsor me. 

What is your current status JetBlast?

Edited by Jonno1981

I am applying under " Computer Network and Systems Engineer". I have 60 points for the 189 and 190 (NSW) and then 70 for the 489. I have an expression of interest in for a 189 and 190. I won't get a 189 with that. Very recently South Australia raised the points for a 489 from 60 to 90! I am hoping it will drop back down to 60 and I can get in with my 70 points.

I get another 5 points on 12/12/2018 because of my qualification so that is something else to look forward to.

I started this quite a while ago and struggled to get those 20 points in the PTE. It was the writing I was stuck on and always short of a few marks. Finally got what I needed on that earlier in the year.

This is my breakdown

Job / Qualification: 10 points
PTE: 20 points.
State Sponsorship: 10 points

Edited by JetBlast

5 hours ago, JetBlast said:

I am applying under " Computer Network and Systems Engineer". I have 60 points for the 189 and 190 (NSW) and then 70 for the 489. I have an expression of interest in for a 189 and 190. I won't get a 189 with that. Very recently South Australia raised the points for a 489 from 60 to 90! I am hoping it will drop back down to 60 and I can get in with my 70 points.

I get another 5 points on 12/12/2018 because of my qualification so that is something else to look forward to.

I started this quite a while ago and struggled to get those 20 points in the PTE. It was the writing I was stuck on and always short of a few marks. Finally got what I needed on that earlier in the year.

This is my breakdown

Job / Qualification: 10 points
PTE: 20 points.
State Sponsorship: 10 points

I've also submitted an EOI a couple of weeks back. However, my occupation is on the short term list, so focusing on a 190. It all rests on South Australia renewing the quota and lowering the threshold back to normal.

Best of luck to you for next week.

• Like 1