hi guys, have anyone done their skill assessment by vettassess?? is vettassess officer really call the employer for refference check? and what they ask for. Im gonna do my restaurant manager experience assessment.

5 hours ago, ALAM said:

hi guys, have anyone done their skill assessment by vettassess?? is vettassess officer really call the employer for refference check? and what they ask for. Im gonna do my restaurant manager experience assessment.

I imagine they will call if they are certfying your skills.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ALAM said:

Hey alam , 

in our case , they did call our office asking few documents like pay slips .. but surprisingly we got approval same day for stage 1 pathway without even sending any documents .. 

there are 2 pathways .. first is jus checking your documents such as payslips , tax papers etc etc 

second is technical interview, they only ask occupation safety questions related to your field .. no practical work .. if u are in Australia, it will be only for 20 mins .. 

whoke process can take 2 to 3 months .. keep Calling them to check on updates .. it’s helps 

• Like 1

Hey alam , 
in our case , they did call our office asking few documents like pay slips .. but surprisingly we got approval same day for stage 1 pathway without even sending any documents .. 
there are 2 pathways .. first is jus checking your documents such as payslips , tax papers etc etc 
second is technical interview, they only ask occupation safety questions related to your field .. no practical work .. if u are in Australia, it will be only for 20 mins .. 
whoke process can take 2 to 3 months .. keep Calling them to check on updates .. it’s helps 
thanks for reply.. but one more thing. u said that they will take interview. but I heard that for general occupation such as restaurant manager, office manager they don't call for interview. I'm not sure.. just heard from others. could u please confirm me?? thanks again

9 hours ago, ALAM said:
On 31/05/2018 at 23:27, Newhope said:
Hey alam , 

thanks for reply.. but one more thing. u said that they will take interview. but I heard that for general occupation such as restaurant manager, office manager they don't call for interview. I'm not sure.. just heard from others. could u please confirm me?? thanks again

Why don’t u call vetasses office .. google the number !! I have no clue about restaurant manager . This is my personal experience I have shared with u 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi I just done my skill assessment of restaurant manager. The vettassess called my employer to confirm my duties, and check all documents that I provided to them such as organisation chart, how I promote my restaurant, how many waiters or waitress we have, who I report to, how long i have been working...etc. it took about 20 mintues to talk with my employer. In two days after that call I received a positive outcome from Vettassess. However, they just gave me 3 years positive outcome instead of 4 years that I wrote in my resume. They explaind the first year for me was to get the skills and experience to be qualified restaurant manager. It actually doesnt matter for me because 3 or 4 years has the same point in terms of point table of DIBP.
Good luck everyone !