You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

The Pom Queen

Prawn Cocktail Crisps Australia

Yes, I know, third world matters, but I just saw on the grapevine that Aldi are now stocking Prawn Cocktail Crisps. I’m not sure if they will taste as good as walkers, mind you my favourite were seabrook crinkle cut prawn cocktail.

7149BB4C-D708-4D49-9718-BD523CA1948A.jpeg

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Makes me hungry for a packet of Skips, or even some scampi fries, do they even make them anymore?!!?

• Like 1

IELTS 08/06/13: 9.0. - ACS Assessment: 02/08/13. Result 13/11/13. VIC SS 20/11/13. EOI 20/11/13. VIC SS Resubmitted 20/06/14, Approved 02/07/14. Visa Application (190) 14/07/14. CO assigned, Meds/PCC requested 27/08/14. Granted 24/10/14!! Activated 31/03/15. Arrival 27/08/15.Citizenship Applied 17/04/2019

hmm, better tap up the inlaws for when they next come over. Not sure what they they should put on the passenger card thou

IELTS 08/06/13: 9.0. - ACS Assessment: 02/08/13. Result 13/11/13. VIC SS 20/11/13. EOI 20/11/13. VIC SS Resubmitted 20/06/14, Approved 02/07/14. Visa Application (190) 14/07/14. CO assigned, Meds/PCC requested 27/08/14. Granted 24/10/14!! Activated 31/03/15. Arrival 27/08/15.Citizenship Applied 17/04/2019

14 minutes ago, kevsan said:

hmm, better tap up the inlaws for when they next come over. Not sure what they they should put on the passenger card thou

I’ve purchased Skips at the British Lolly Shops before along with Monster Munch, French Fries (Worcester Sauce) and Chip Sticks.

I loved these but never seen them here 

676082D3-06C9-44E5-BFBC-632A600C48B5.jpeg

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

1 hour ago, kevsan said:

Tick food and when asked just say they are British crisps. Usually met by a roll of the eyes, unless the Customs person is British in which case they may ask for a taste!!

• Like 2

I like skips but not normal crisps that are prawn cocktail flavour.. I like (and miss) Quavers too.

JJ'S are about the nearest i've found to an equivalent.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

On 30/05/2018 at 09:12, The Pom Queen said:

I’m not sure if they will taste as good as walkers

I brought some Walkers recently from a "British Sweets and Treats" store in Sydney (Woolworths also have a British section). But not as good as I remember them. Like everything in life - doesn't seem to taste as good when an adult.

What about Thins 'Light and Tangy'?  U reckon they're close to prawn cocktail?  

The best could be the chilli chips from Aldi.  Seriously hot, and no MSG

On 30/05/2018 at 00:12, The Pom Queen said:

Yes, I know, third world matters, but I just saw on the grapevine that Aldi are now stocking Prawn Cocktail Crisps. I’m not sure if they will taste as good as walkers, mind you my favourite were seabrook crinkle cut prawn cocktail.

7149BB4C-D708-4D49-9718-BD523CA1948A.jpeg

Disgusting. Can't stand the things. Must be a British thing. Tastes nothing like a prawn cocktail.

1 hour ago, newjez said:

Disgusting. Can't stand the things. Must be a British thing. Tastes nothing like a prawn cocktail.

Ketchup and mayo mixed together?

• Haha 1

Foul - must be an acquired taste I guess. I avoid that horrible raw chilli flavour too, quite disgusting. I had some vegetable chips I liked , think they may have been from Costco.

I like how the Brits mock aussie food.... but us poms really are no better ?? - I've had Tim-Tams and burger rings shipped to the UK before now lol

• Haha 1

On 25/06/2018 at 15:35, newjez said:

A poms idea of gourmet cuisine, but still bloody awful

Posted (edited)
  • Like 3

Ha. Only Skips are worthy of the prawn cocktail flavour.

• Like 1

PR (100) granted 12 Nov 2018, validation Trip Feb 2019, planning to move to Perth Sep-Oct 2019!

ALDI are doing the prawn cocktail chips again this week but I can’t stomach them, horrible, totally agree, it’s SKIPS of nothing for me🤣

my friend just finished a150g of your prawn chips and they were very moreish I heard that the chips are not going to be on the shelf for long.  

I hope that doesn't happen as they are too tasty not to be on the shelves all the time. I hope they stay at Aldi s Stores all the time. We are huge fans of this flavour and hope will be around years to come.

Yous sincerely Cheryl Clark

I’ve got 2 packets in the larder I bought for my daughter next time she visits. Haven’t told her as they might not last that long.