Multiple visa application dilemma

earleneripple

Hi,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and I'm seeking advice.

I've lodged my EOI for 489 visa, family sponsored. 
Me as a main applicant and my fiancee as a dependent one.
As per current trends and a fact that I have only 60 points I don't see that going through any time soon.

Now, we are thinking about changing our tactic.
We are thinking about applying for a student visa (500) with my fiancee as a main applicant and me as a dependent one.

Once there, she'll get Au education which will contribute to the overall score and I'll increase my English score.

After that, we update our EIO or lodge a new one (for 489 or 189).

The thing that worries me is how does all this look in the eyes of an immigration officer. They will undoubtedly see that we tried to get the 489 first and after realising that it will take too long (or fall through) switched visas.

Bottom line is, will applying for visa 500 automatically disqualify us from the visa process?

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Cheers,
Earlene

I think it is a bad idea. 

Pit would mean spending a huge some of money on international student fees with no gauruntee that your English score will improve. Even if it does, you would lose the points for family sponsorship and at present nobody is getting an invite for a 189 with less than 70 points. 

Thanks for your thoughts.

I'm rather confident that my English will improve since I am very close already.

I'd rather spend some money and see what I can do instead of sitting hopelessly and waiting. 

3 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Even if it does, you would lose the points for family sponsorship and at present nobody is getting an invite for a 189 with less than 70 points. 

By this, you mean that I will lose family points for switching to 189 or something else?

I'm at 60 points for 489 right now.

If I increase my English and my partner gets Au education that will put me at 75 points for 489 and 65 points for 189 visa. By the time we get to this something will undoubtedly change in the visa regime (maybe for better and maybe for worse).

Cheers

The only points you can claim for a partner is if they have an occupation on the skills list and also have a suitable skills assessment for it also. You do need to be very careful in understanding how points are awarded. Too many people make mistakes believing them to be true, especially in work experience points. Immigration doesn't care much for mistakes. If you have the cash to cover education in aus, I would highly recommend putting some towards a Mara agent for advice and strategy.