Accommodation Requirement- partner visa

Warman_sarahlf

Hi All!

So my Partner & I are starting to gather documents for the partner visa which are going to apply for in July & we could do with some help/ advice with the accommodation requirement! Sorry if someone has posted something similar!

My brother has said we can stay at his when we get back, so we can look for a place of our own. He has a two bedroom flat with one living room which from what I have read it has met the housing act requirement of not being overcrowded. (Him & his partner live there already)

Has anyone who stated on the visa application that they are staying at their family's house, got their family member to do a housing report??

I have read online that its advised to do so but I think its a bit extreme?!

Any thoughts..

Hi Sarah, so you are English and your partner Australian?  How long have you been in Australia for?  We are moving back to the UK May 2019 and have just started looking into Visa requirements for my partner.  I am English but she is Australian.  We will also have a little boy with us who is due early DEC!  My partners grandparents are Maltese so she is currently applying for her Maltese passport which I have read is a way round it for her.  Still need to do alot of research into it though but want to get it sorted early to take as much stress out the situation as possible!  

Hi!!

Yes i'm English, partners Australian. We've only been in Australia for two years but I've been in Australia on and off for the past 6 years! We lived in the Uk for two years and not long after we came back to Australia we realised how much we missed the UK and our friends and family! 

Wow congratulation!! We only have two fur babies at the moment. We are looking to apply for the unmarried partner visa in July (unfortunately my partner is one generation out from obtaining an English passport), so we are now gathering all of the evidence and double checking what is required! Its been slightly stressful to get letters from other people but we still had documents from when we applied for my visa to come to Australia 

Which route will you be taking if your partner can get a Maltese passport?

3 hours ago, Warman_sarahlf said:

Hi!!

Yes i'm English, partners Australian. We've only been in Australia for two years but I've been in Australia on and off for the past 6 years! We lived in the Uk for two years and not long after we came back to Australia we realised how much we missed the UK and our friends and family! 

Wow congratulation!! We only have two fur babies at the moment. We are looking to apply for the unmarried partner visa in July (unfortunately my partner is one generation out from obtaining an English passport), so we are now gathering all of the evidence and double checking what is required! Its been slightly stressful to get letters from other people but we still had documents from when we applied for my visa to come to Australia 

Which route will you be taking if your partner can get a Maltese passport?

If he’s one generation out from a UK passport he should be good for an Ancestry visa - much easier than the partner visa. Ie. uK born grandparent.

Edited by Quoll

2 hours ago, Warman_sarahlf said:

Oh sorry that’s what I meant he’s one generation out from getting an ancestry visa! His great grandparents were uk born. It would have made life so much easier and less stressful to meet all the requirements ?

Oh pooh! Inconsiderate of them! Partner Visa it is then. Good luck!

On 28/05/2018 at 13:08, Warman_sarahlf said:

My brother has said we can stay at his when we get back, so we can look for a place of our own. He has a two bedroom flat with one living room which from what I have read it has met the housing act requirement of not being overcrowded. (Him & his partner live there already)

Has anyone who stated on the visa application that they are staying at their family's house, got their family member to do a housing report??

I used my sister's address as accommodation and no, they did not do a housing report.  No one contacted them, either.  

I hope you are getting your Australian citizenship before you go, to secure your ability to return to Australia in the future.

On 28/05/2018 at 13:08, Warman_sarahlf said:

I used my sister's address as accommodation and no, they did not do a housing report.  No one contacted them, either.  

I hope you are getting your Australian citizenship before you go, to secure your ability to return to Australia in the future.

On 04/06/2018 at 08:30, Marisawright said:

Oh that's great to hear! We didn't want to be spending more money for this visa!

Did you have to send all of your evidence to Sheffield,uk ?

I've only been a permanent resident since September 2016 so I can't get citizenship which is a bummer but I don't want to wait another 2 years here in Australia to get it! 

On 03/06/2018 at 14:26, LincolnH said:

Hi Sarah, so you are English and your partner Australian?  How long have you been in Australia for?  We are moving back to the UK May 2019 and have just started looking into Visa requirements for my partner.  I am English but she is Australian.  We will also have a little boy with us who is due early DEC!  My partners grandparents are Maltese so she is currently applying for her Maltese passport which I have read is a way round it for her.  Still need to do alot of research into it though but want to get it sorted early to take as much stress out the situation as possible!  

Are you sure that a Maltese passport will get your partner access to live in the UK bearing in mind that Britain is leaving the EU on 31 March 2019?

37 minutes ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Are you sure that a Maltese passport will get your partner access to live in the UK bearing in mind that Britain is leaving the EU on 31 March 2019?

Everything I've read says that the UK government is still applying the current rules, so if they get a move on and get to the UK before the deadline, they should be fine.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2822423/eu-citizens-uk-after-brexit-visas-numbers-britain/

48 minutes ago, Warman_sarahlf said:

Oh that's great to hear! We didn't want to be spending more money for this visa!

Did you have to send all of your evidence to Sheffield,uk ?

I've only been a permanent resident since September 2016 so I can't get citizenship which is a bummer but I don't want to wait another 2 years here in Australia to get it! 

That seems a shame, two or three years is not long in a lifetime and you never know what the future holds. 

From memory, we did everything online and then had to take some documents with us to the consulate in Sydney. But processes do change.  

Edited by Marisawright

42 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

That seems a shame, two or three years is not long in a lifetime and you never know what the future holds. 

From memory, we did everything online and then had to take some documents with us to the consulate in Sydney. But processes do change.  

That's very true but we've spent the past 5 years going to and from Australia & UK so we would like to settle in once place now! 

Fingers crossed we can do everything online as well then, the thought of printing everything out scares me ! On the website they stated that once you have done the online form they will tell you where to send your documents.

Thanks for your help ?