You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

asifameer

ACS RPL Route with Recently Awarded Degree

When i started my career i had only 12 Grade College Certificate. I am a self-taught guy and I have 15 Years of experience in Application Development, and I recently completed my “Associate Degree in Web Design and Development” which is equivalent to AQF Diploma 10 points, my confusion is if I go with RPL route with “No Tertiary Education” am I going to get 10 points for my post experience Education which I completed recently?

Because if i am not eligible to claim my recently awarded degree points than in that case my points will drop down to 65 which are not sufficient i guess. 

I have read in other posts that people who got their degrees prior to their professional experience but insufficient relevant content they went for a points test advice from Vetassess, and they claimed their education points. But my case is different because i recently completed my degree.

Please advise

That's a similar situation to me. I completed my MSc in 2017 but got my ACL skills assessment for RPL. 

If you have 15 years of experience the RPL would take away 8 years of experience leaving you with 7?

I managed to have ACL assess my degree as equivalent using the same skills assessment, i just asked them to do so in a follow up email.

19 minutes ago, jonnyah2006 said:

That's a similar situation to me. I completed my MSc in 2017 but got my ACL skills assessment for RPL. 

If you have 15 years of experience the RPL would take away 8 years of experience leaving you with 7?

I managed to have ACL assess my degree as equivalent using the same skills assessment, i just asked them to do so in a follow up email.

Thanks for you reply @jonnyah2006 Yes exactly, if i go with RPL route ACS will deduct 8 years of my experience and i will get 10 points for Experience, that is the reason why i am waiting to complete 16 Years experience which i will be completing in coming August.

In my case the assessment body ACS dont mention anything on the Final assessment paper, and people on other blog are saying i should check with VETASSESS Points Test Advice , if they say that i can claim 10 points for my education than i am eligible.

But the problem is that there is no confirmed answer from anyone, and i need a confirmation otherwise all my RPL effort will go wasted.

Do not rely on the opinions of bloggers.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for a considered opinion about your likely work experience points?

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com