Conference & Event Organiser visa

Abster

Hi everyone,

Totally new here and been having a read before posting. Just after a bit of clarification/reassurance on the visa process.

Having completed an Event Management BA Hons in 2017, and looking at the 'skills list' I saw Conference and Event Organsier is on there under the following visa numbers: 190, 407, 489 (S/T) with Vetassess as assessing authority

Just wondering in my naivety the following:

1. Which visa number is best? are there any differences?
  2. How long is the process? (roughly)
  3. Rough overall cost?
  4. If wanted to located to NSW area will the visa number make a difference?
  5. Can anyone recommend VETASSESS? or share there experience. I have almost completed their online application just need to hand over the 880 aus dollars

Just for background info: single female 42 in June, no kids, no hubby, just two pet ferrets who currently aren't allowed into Australia. With a dream to move to Australia

Ok so 407 is only a training visa for two years. 

190 and 489 require state sponsorship.  You occupation is not on NSW lists.  You will need to check other states. The cut off is age 45 so now or never I guess.  You need to look at how many points you can get too.

Without post qualification experience you might struggle.  

At the moment VIC isn’t sponsoring anyone, neither is QLD. The new financial and planning year starts in July sometimes the lists change then and states re open applications.

Your chances are slim but........

Thank you Rammygirl,

I forgot to mention, I have been working in events while at uni (part time job) and currently an Operations Manager at a theatre. Both employers have written letters for me.

So if I hold of hitting the submit button until July time, there could be more state sponsoring opportunities?

Going to start praying to the Visa gods! got to try these things though xx

2 hours ago, Abster said:

Thank you Rammygirl,

I forgot to mention, I have been working in events while at uni (part time job) and currently an Operations Manager at a theatre. Both employers have written letters for me.

So if I hold of hitting the submit button until July time, there could be more state sponsoring opportunities?

Going to start praying to the Visa gods! got to try these things though xx

Only post qualification full time experience is counted. 

You need to check what is required for the skills assessment for this occupation. 

• 1 month later...
On 24/05/2018 at 07:12, rammygirl said:

Ok so 407 is only a training visa for two years. 

190 and 489 require state sponsorship.  You occupation is not on NSW lists.  You will need to check other states. The cut off is age 45 so now or never I guess.  You need to look at how many points you can get too.

Without post qualification experience you might struggle.  

At the moment VIC isn’t sponsoring anyone, neither is QLD. The new financial and planning year starts in July sometimes the lists change then and states re open applications.

Your chances are slim but........

Without coming across as naive, where is the best place to check what states are sponsoring?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Abster said:

Without coming across as naive, where is the best place to check what states are sponsoring?

Thanks

You need to google each state.mfor example, google "Queensland skilled occupation list" 

you should also look closely at particular conditions imposed by each state

• 5 months later...

Hi Abster! 

I am so happy to find it here! I am chasing my permanent residence in Australia under this profession: conference and events organiser. I am about to start the process with vetasses. 

I would suggest you to look at Tasmania in order to find the state nomination. 

I also would love to keep chatting with you so we may exchange information during the process! 

Cheers! Flavia

• 3 weeks later...

Hi fellow event and Conference organisers 

I am after any help please. I have just seen my job is on the skilled list - well I think it is?? (I have been in events management for 11 years). All the websites are v confusing. What visa are we eligible for please - do we have to have had a job offer from an Australian company? 

I am currently living in the UK with hubby and 2 kids. Never thought we'd be able to move to aus  (it's always been a dream). I'm just thinking it's too good to be true that they want my profession?! Surely there's loads of people in Aus who do this job? 

Any info would be fab thank you x 

• 2 months later...
On 04/01/2019 at 21:46, Mrs Wizz said:

Hi fellow event and Conference organisers 

I am after any help please. I have just seen my job is on the skilled list - well I think it is?? (I have been in events management for 11 years). All the websites are v confusing. What visa are we eligible for please - do we have to have had a job offer from an Australian company? 

I am currently living in the UK with hubby and 2 kids. Never thought we'd be able to move to aus  (it's always been a dream). I'm just thinking it's too good to be true that they want my profession?! Surely there's loads of people in Aus who do this job? 

Any info would be fab thank you x 

Hi there!

Have a look at the NT - they are potentially sponsoring us event organisers. I hope to potentially get state sponsorship through them but time will tell!

Thanks x 

• 8 months later...

Hello everyone, 

Having spent two years in Australia (came back last December and still can't quite settle!) I really want to go back to live. My partner's sister lives out there with PR and we want to be closer to her too. 

I have a BA Hons degree in Event Management and have worked in events since I graduated in 2013. 

Does anyone have any advice or if it's realistic to think I might be successful if I apply for a 190 visa?

I am 27, boyfriend is 29 both from the UK. 

Thanks so much

3 hours ago, paigepinder1 said:

Hello everyone, 

Having spent two years in Australia (came back last December and still can't quite settle!) I really want to go back to live. My partner's sister lives out there with PR and we want to be closer to her too. 

I have a BA Hons degree in Event Management and have worked in events since I graduated in 2013. 

Does anyone have any advice or if it's realistic to think I might be successful if I apply for a 190 visa?

I am 27, boyfriend is 29 both from the UK. 

Thanks so much

Your starting point is the skilled occupation lists at the home affairs web site to see if it is still on any of the lists and if so which one. Then, if it is only on a short term list, if any states are sponsoring. 

8 hours ago, paigepinder1 said:

Hello everyone, 

Is your occupation on the list for the 190 visa?  If so, how many points can you get?