Dromana

Becky LC

Hi there. I've re titled your thread to reflect the place you are asking about. 

Also, I had to google where Dromana was, appears to be in Vic, so have moved your thread to our Victoria forum. 

I'm sure Dromana is a nice place but it is more like a place people go to for their holidays and some people would retire down that way.

It is a very long way away from Melbourne for most people who work and commute into the metropolitan areas.

• 1 month later...

Sleepy Dromana- very pretty and you have Arthur's Seat there.  Work round there would be seasonal mostly, a bit too far to commute to Melbourne but ok if you have a job a bit further out.  I don't think it is that cheap these days though and neither is next door Rosebud.

• 4 months later...

Dromana and Rosebud are some of the cheaper suburbs on the Mornington Peninsula. In terms of commuting to Melbourne, fortunately the Mornington Peninsula Freeway is nearby which should make it an easier commute. The new Mordiallloc Freeway may also make it easier for commuting from the Mornington Peninsula to the city. Nonetheless, the area has always been popular for holiday houses and wealthy retirees however it has become significantly more family focused in recent years. Plenty of goods schools are available in Mt Martha and Mornington which are nearby. you may wish to look in Safety Beach if you want to have easier access to these schools. Dromana is nice beachside suburb and is becoming increasingly popular due to being on the more affordable side.