Estranged child medical check for visa 189/190

Worldsaway

Hello all. I hope someone can help. I am in the early stages of applying for a 189/190 visa. I have a child from a previous relationship but sadly I no longer have contact with said child or mother.

It is my understanding that children not included on the visa application are still required to have a medical. In circumstances such as mine, is there no chance of a visa being granted? 

I did speak with a migrant agent and they said the medical requirement for children not included on the visa has recently changed and it is no longer required. I am unable to see for myself written evidence of this change. Hence me seeking clarification and/or advice on here.

My thanks in advance. 

Ok I stand corrected .  

I can only apologise, looking at the notes then it is possibly correct they do need a medical . 

Speak to migration expert about the matter thoughas you are estranged. 

Sorry for the miss information . 

Edited by MrsShields12
WR

Thanks for your replies. It's the sometimes part which concerns me because it's a lot of money to spend for something that may or may not be possible to navigate around. 

Would it be better to use an agent in this type of circumstance? Would using an agent offer advantages/more likely to be successful? 

Would it be better to use an agent in this type of circumstance? Would using an agent offer advantages/more likely to be successful? 

May I suggest that you consult one of the registered migration agents who post on this forum for a preliminary assessment of your case and advice about the strategies available to deal with the medical examination issue? You will then be able to make an informed decision about how to proceed.