The way dogs think

VERYSTORMY

We have just had an odd experience. This weekend we moved house to the house next door. The new house is identical to the old house except for one thing. It is an exact mirror image of the old house. 

So, we have put all the furniture in, in the same place as the old house but in mirror image. The dog has settled in fine except he can't get his head around the mirror image things. 

So, in the old house he would lay on the sofa next to my wife on the side of the sofa near the edge, with his head on her right arm. Here, when she lays down, her right arm is now closest to the back of the sofa. So where does he want to be. The right arm still. So now back of the sofa. Same with the stairs. In the old house he had to go to the far left of the stairs as they turn half way up. But he is still using the left, which has caused him to slip. He goes to the glass window, which in the old house was the door. It's funny to watch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are currently on puppy search. I haven't had a dog since I was a kid. I don't believe in having pets unless you are in a position to look after them. I am in that position now, so on the lookout for a poodle crossed with something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newjez said:

We are currently on puppy search. I haven't had a dog since I was a kid. I don't believe in having pets unless you are in a position to look after them. I am in that position now, so on the lookout for a poodle crossed with something.

I can very much recommend chihuahua especially chi cross - which we think ours is.  We think a chi terrier. Incredibly loyal and the brightest dog I have ever had, and I have had mostly border collie. 

My wife had never had a dog and wasn't a fan of them until we got Mr Wu. Now, totally inseparable and adores dogs. 

5 hours ago, newjez said:

Many of the dogs I come across when out walking our one are of the poodle cross variety.  All of them are bright, friendly dogs.  My friend has just adopted a chihuahua x jack russell.  Gorgeous little dog but has the hunting instinct which can be a bit of challenge when let off the lead.