Tourist visa denied - no reviews allowed. Help?

Annabell

I am an Aussie citizen currently living in the UK on a WHV. I met my partner on my travels. I am moving back to Aus in a few months when my visa expires and I would like to bring my Cuban partner (resides in Cuba) to Aus with me. 

I have applied to sponsor him for a tourist visa to start with - and have just received a rejection with no right to review. Please can anyone advise what should my next steps be? We are in a genuine relationship and the plan was for him to join me in Aus with a view to marrying later on. Also, can anyone recommend a London based Australian immigration lawyer?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Unless they are family sponsored, visitor visa refusals are not reviewable on the merits by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.

All refusals are reviewable by a Federal Court on a point of law.  This would  cost thousands and would almost certainly take you nowhere  nowhere except the bank.

May I suggest that you consult one of the registered migration agents who posts on this forum for advice about visa strategy?

• Like 1