You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Tappers2oz

Visas being stopped

Can anyone shed some light on this? Some comments on the fb post seem to clarify the OP’s concerns but I’ve googled and searched on here and found nothing. ?‍♀️

a374974854e4cf5a767cd5fb4f99f427.jpg

Trying to get to Aus since 2008. Finally the end is in sight and we are starting to really plan.

Hubby, Paramedic.

Me, Adult Nursing student starting Sept 2018. 

You are talking about the skilled independent category and the State sponsorship being totally scrapped? I suspect there is a myriad of visas more likely to be binned before they scrap the one which brings in the most skilled migrants. 

Its not unknown for them to change the subclass number, for instance the 175 and 176 were replaced by the 189 and 190, but scrap it? Extremely tremendously unlikely.

• Like 1

You are talking about the skilled independent category and the State sponsorship being totally scrapped? I suspect there is a myriad of visas more likely to be binned before they scrap the one which brings in the most skilled migrants. 
Its not unknown for them to change the subclass number, for instance the 175 and 176 were replaced by the 189 and 190, but scrap it? Extremely tremendously unlikely.

Thank you. That's a weight off my mind! As I say, it's the first (and pretty much only) post I've seen mentioning it.

Trying to get to Aus since 2008. Finally the end is in sight and we are starting to really plan.

Hubby, Paramedic.

They are bringing the total amount if visas down to just 10 but that could happen gradually over the next few years

• Like 1

They are bringing the total amount if visas down to just 10 but that could happen gradually over the next few years

Thanks Woody. Do you know (roughly) how many there are at the moment?

Hubby, Paramedic.

Thanks Woody. Do you know (roughly) how many there are at the moment?
There are currently 99
  • Like 1

That is about right for the number of visas available for application. There are many more that cannot be applied for, but are still valid for those who hold them.

• Like 1

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Thanks guys. I knew there were a lot, but didn't realise quite how many!

Hubby, Paramedic.