Hi All,

I'm looking for anyone with advice or experience regarding interview processes for and 801/820 partner visa.

I have submitted all documents on my immi account application and am waiting patiently for next correspondence but just wondering if anyone knows if you definitely have to complete an interview? If so, is this usually an in person interview or do they do it over the phone (onshore application). Any idea on a time frame? For example do they conduct interviews when you apply for the temporary first stage or do they wait until the permanent application stage? 

I'm not at all worried about the interview itself, or the questions they could ask. I feel confident that would not be an issue for us. I'm more concerned about having to travel to Brisbane from North of Cairns just to meet someone in person as I know how much that is likely to cost when I take into account flights or travel, accommodation and time off work etc. I know that Cairns has an immigration office but i'm fairly sure it's just there for show and is virtually unoccupied save for a security guard.

Any input appreciated 🙂

26 Year old Partner visa applicant. Mother of 1, soon to be 2, tiny Australian citizen humans. 

I very rarely hear of interviews being done (going on posts on here) but it can happen. 

Tbh until they happen to notify you of one, you can’t really do much. 

• Thanks 1

Interviews were once mandatory in partner cases, but they are now rare unless there is an issue with an application and are often conducted by telephone.

• Thanks 1

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com