Gosford?

Captain Roberto

Hey all

Does anyone know much about Gosford?

We are buying an investment property and some people reckon Gosford is a good place to buy one.

But people also say that there are ‘nice parts’ and ‘not so nice’ suburbs.

Does anyone want on here have much local/doesn’t hand knowledge?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Hello Matt. Houses are still fairly cheap and probably a good place to buy. Cannot imagine you would have problems renting it out. Lots of people rent in Gosford and commute to Sydney. I personally find the place a bit depressing. But you don't have to live there. If you are planning to live in the investment house eventually, then buying somewhere nicer like MacMasters Beach or Avoca Beach would be better. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I live in Avoca Beach, which is beautiful and very expensive but still more affordable than Sydney. As a place to live Avoca, Terrigal, Macmasters, Wamberal are all great and about 20 mins from Gosford. There are lots of really nice places around Gosford. East Gosford is better than West Gosford, also Point Frederick, Point Clare etc. North Gosford has some nice locations particularly if you want some acreage (some are pricey).

There is not much in the town itself, which is a bit depressing and run down but I believe there's money being spent. There's a nice looking waterfront with restaurants etc. It's definitely a good option for commuting to Sydney. The whole of the central coast is very up and coming with loads of hip new places opening, there are good and bad areas everywhere. There are plenty of Brits up here. Some parts of the Gosford and the Central Coast have a reputation for drugs problems (ice particularly) so chose carefully and research well. Generally 'coasties'are great people and it's a relaxed lifestyle choice!

If you have any further  questions feel free to pm me.

Becky