Askem81

U.K. application time frame

Hi everyone, I’ve been so excited to see how quickly some U.K. applications for 309/100 have been lately. We lodged my husband’s visa on April 18th and it was a full and complete application form via an agent. We have done the medical and police clearance and all documents etc have been uploaded. We have a son and have been married 8 years so hopefully all will be well. My question is that our agent said we won’t hear anything at all from a case officer as we have done everything. Is this the case? I thought we may still be informed when a case officer is allocated? The waiting is by far the worst part!! 

Please send me your success stories so I can live in hope and vicariously through all you lovely folks! 

Thanks!

We are in a similar boat, married 11 years, 2 kids, full application now in.  I guess the case officer will only contact you if they need something.  I am rather hoping to go straight to a grant letter with the magic 100 on it!

We applied on the 19th March, so close to 2 months now.  My wife's NPC only arrived on Monday though, so fully loaded as of yesterday.n  Good luck!

As many have suggested, I am trying to assume 12 months, new medical and certificates etc (although to be fair, I would book a short notice flight rather than that if I had a few weeks), anything better than that is an upside!!

Thanks Jon the Hat! What’s the NPC? Police check? I’m hoping for the same grant letter with the 100! Fingers crossed! Have you also been told that processing times from the U.K. are quite quick at the moment? 

5 hours ago, Askem81 said:

Thanks Jon the Hat! What’s the NPC? Police check? I’m hoping for the same grant letter with the 100! Fingers crossed! Have you also been told that processing times from the U.K. are quite quick at the moment? 

Yes the Australian Federal Police National Police Check.  There have been a few people on here who got them in a couple of months, so fingers crossed.

Applied 16th Feb 2018 ( front loaded ) 

request for more Docs 17th Feb ( hadn’t uploaded any supporting docs as I thought I had ages ) 

Sub class 100 granted 15th March 2018! 

Married 2 years 

2 dependant children 

1 child from previous relationship attached to my application . 

No agent used. 

Good Luck all , I fly out to Sydney 28th June  this year x 

My husbands visa runs out for Britain on the 1st of August and we don’t really want to wait another 2.5year for him to be able to apply for citizenship for here. 

Si striking whilst the iron is hot so to speak. 

A little nervous but I’m sure it will be ok.