UK Spouse Visa - Financial Requirement Route Help?!?

Sarahelle

Hello people.

So after 8 long years, and finding ourselves stuck in the same old situation for much of that time, we're looking into attempting to return to the UK.  I say 'attempting' because my husband is of course, Australian.

So, with the likelihood of saving 65,000 pretty much non-existent, we've decided to make the bold decision for me to move back to the UK with our 1 year old (leaving our 5 year old with hubby), get work and for him to apply for a spouse visa with me being the sponsor.  It's not ideal as my husband is the higher earner, but it's me or nothing since I'm the Brit :) 

It's going to be a long hard road and I wondered if anyone else out there has done the same?  

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Sarah 

3 minutes ago, Sarahelle said:

I think that's if you're going the savings route. 

Unfortunately we don't have a house here.  That would be so much easier.

don't think house equity counts, its cash savings

maybe you can set up a limited company in the uk and offer yourself a job earning above the limit. When my Australian wife and I moved to the UK a few years ago I just needed a job offer for above the limit and proof of overseas income prior to moving (last uk tax year)

Stupid rules so fight them with a stupid response ?

33 minutes ago, can1983 said:

have the rules changed? used to have to be cold hard cash in an account for 6 months before application

Yes but with property if you had the equity for six months you can sell for the cash requirement without having to wait 6 months after it hits the bank. 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/636618/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final.pdf

section 5 would indicate that overseas earnings would be counted   Better than being separated for 6 months. Check all the details. 

Section 7 refers to using house equity but not relevant for you. 

7 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/636618/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final.pdf

section 5 would indicate that overseas earnings would be counted   Better than being separated for 6 months. Check all the details. 

Section 7 refers to using house equity but not relevant for you. 

this is for armed forces ....

I haven't been earning for the last year as I have been on maternity leave and then resigned (this was before we started looking into this) so I have not been earning for the last 6 months.  .  I'm looking for work at the moment but we wouldn't be in a position to apply yet anyway as we need to save first. 

Unfortunately no Quoll, just great grandparents which is too distant. 

22 minutes ago, can1983 said:

this is for armed forces ....

Well spotted website links are confusing!  The house thing is correct though as someone used this. But not relevant to op.  Seems silly they do not allow for overseas earnings though. 

58 minutes ago, Quoll said:

No U.K. or European Ancestry lurking in there anywhere? Even a UK born grandparent would be handy.

How would that help? My husband has UK born grandparents but it doesn't assist with residency.

His Dad was actually conceived in Wales but that doesn't help either ?

2 minutes ago, Drumbeat said:

How would that help? My husband has UK born grandparents but it doesn't assist with residency.

His Dad was actually conceived in Wales but that doesn't help either ?

People with a UK-born grandparent qualify for an Ancestry visa - which is a lot cheaper and far more straight-forward to get than a UK spouse visa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickyNook said:

People with a UK-born grandparent qualify for an Ancestry visa - which is a lot cheaper and far more straight-forward to get than a UK spouse visa.

Ah yes, it was the job offer clause that held him back from applying for it

14 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

For ancestry visa, the only requirement is a grandparent born in the UK, no need for jobs or anything. 

What about the evidence required ‘evidence you plan to work eg job offer’?

Now I think about it we were looking into the possibility of a UK passport

Edited by Drumbeat

What about the evidence required ‘evidence you plan to work eg job offer’?
Now I think about it we were looking into the possibility of a UK passport

Big difference between a passport and an ancestry visa. Evidence you plan to work I think you’d get away with having quit a job, got your cv done and maybe a few job applications made.

Would a trip back home for a week or 2 maybe work? The is what I done last time we got my wife's spouse visa. Flew back, done a load of interviews and secured a job. I never took the job but had the offer on paper. This was good enough for our application to be accepted. Of course we didn' t declare I was never taking taking the role but thats a minor point. Maybe a little outlay to go back would be better than living apart?

Yeah we have done it twice now. Ultimate ping pong champions. 1st time used an agent and went on old rules. Last time we done ourselves. Had been working in my role here (Oz) for about 8 months when we applied. I had travelled back and got a job offer which as far as all were aware I was taking. I was not working in the role offered when I applied. I had been earning well over equivalent of £18.6k in Oz.

Took a couple of weeks to get all paperwork together and was less than 2 weeks from applying to acceptance. And that was over Xmas and New Year. The paperwork and evidence is most difficult part and triple checking we missed nothing. At the time we had less than 10k in the bank and this was not an issue. Job offer is key though. Feel free to ask any questions on what we submitted etc happy to help.

Thank you Begyby, that would be great ?

We're starting off by getting our kids British passports and we'll start collecting evidence.  They say they accept Skype and Whatsapp records but we don't use any of that - we've been together for 10 years so we only text - got loads and loads of text messages lol. What did you submit for that kind of thing?

Edited by Sarahelle