Paid my deposit now the quote has gone up to ship my dog

Angelpie

So I had a quote from a very nice lady at a pet shipping firm to send my dog to Australia- have spoken to her a couple of times over the last couple of months everything was sorted paid my deposit now I've had an email saying so sorry we got the quote wrong it's going to be an extra £1000 , so frustrated I could cry , the only saving grace is that they will happily give me my deposit back ?

37 minutes ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

But you paid a deposit based on that quote and signed a contract based on that quote, so surely they either honour the quote or give you a full refund? How much was the original quote?

The origional quote was £3038 and a few pence plus an extra £20 if I wanted her delivered to my house during the week or £340 at weekends , I paid £800 deposit with the balance due 14 or 21 days before she flew , I'm just trying to navigate the internet with limited success to see if I have any rights on this 

Edited by Angelpie

6 minutes ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

Holly molly, I'm shipping 2 cats for £1000 less, is it a big dog? Ask them if you can get your deposit back

Hi she's not particularly big - she's not a Labrador size dog but she is quite long ,the quote did include quarantine so it bought the price in  line with other companies just took the hassle out of me dealing with that side of things- who are you shipping your cats with? X

17 hours ago, Angelpie said:

I really wish I could but she's rubbish at doing the washing ?? great at cuddling into tho no sense of personal space lol xx

say you need her to provide you with mental support for such a long flight ?

• Like 1