blue123

Finish GCSE before moving to Adelaide?

Hi, my family is considering returning to Australia after being in the UK for almost 10 years (dual citizens). My eldest son is currently in year 10 doing the first year of his GCSEs. Does anyone have any knowledge about the SA education system vs the UK? Mostly I would like to know if it would be better to move when he finishes year 10 in UK or wait until he has finished his GCSEs in year 11. If we moved now, how would this impact his subject choices in year 11 and 12 (SA)? If anyone has any experience with this, I'd be happy to hear about it. Thanks.

Posted (edited)

If he’s not going to study in UK just get him back to start yr 11 at the beginning of the academic year so he doesn’t miss any of the 2 Year course - GCSEs are irrelevant, foreign country, different system. Most kids are either 16 or just about to turn 16 at the start of year 11. The year level may well be different from U.K. 

Edited by Quoll

Thank you for your reply. In the interim I have heard back from one school in SA who have said the same thing you have. Thanks!