register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Balwick

Changing Employer and Occupation on a grandfathered 457

Hi folks,

please accept my upfront apologies if this is a repeat request, I couldn't find anything similar to my situation from any of the recent posts. 

Situation:

I am currently employed as an ICT Business Analyst with a large firm on a 457 that was issued in August 2016. For number of reasons, I am looking to change jobs, and the new offer is for a Management Consultant role with a different firm. 

My question is, can my new employer simply transfer the sponsorship of my existing 457 on a different occupation? If yes, will this entail submitting a new nomination?

Many thanks in advance!

For sure its like applying again old one is of no use, was on a 457 for 3 years from 2011 to 2013 inclusive

Than

15 minutes ago, can1983 said:

For sure its like applying again old one is of no use, was on a 457 for 3 years from 2011 to 2013 inclusive

Thanks, Can you please elaborate what do you mean by "old one is of no use"?

Also,  is changing employer on a different occupation (ICT Business Analyst to Management Consultant) straightforward?

14 hours ago, Balwick said:

Hi folks,

please accept my upfront apologies if this is a repeat request, I couldn't find anything similar to my situation from any of the recent posts. 

Situation:

I am currently employed as an ICT Business Analyst with a large firm on a 457 that was issued in August 2016. For number of reasons, I am looking to change jobs, and the new offer is for a Management Consultant role with a different firm. 

My question is, can my new employer simply transfer the sponsorship of my existing 457 on a different occupation? If yes, will this entail submitting a new nomination?

Many thanks in advance!

Under the new TSS system, if you are changing occupation, you will need a nomination and a new visa application.

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

2 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

Under the new TSS system, if you are changing occupation, you will need a nomination and a new visa application.

Thanks Raul! Much appreciate it.

Well the new change doesn't very good. Also, on further research I learned that you could only make changes to your TSS twice. Quite a bit of hassle now.

Hi Balwick, 

I am in a similar situation and could use some advice as I am not sure the best route for me to get PR.

If you change role with new visa and new job role does this mean that you are no longer on the grandfather agreement and you will no be eligible for PR after 2 years as you will be on  the TSS stream? Or if you change employer / role are you eligible for PR after 2 years with them if they nominate?

I am on a 457 which runs out next May and I am looking for a new employer to take over my sponsorship or issue a new one. My next step needs to be one so that I am eligible for PR. 9 years in Australia and  soon to be 6years sponsored.

Thanks for any advice.

22 hours ago, Footylad said:

If you change role with new visa and new job role does this mean that you are no longer on the grandfather agreement and you will no be eligible for PR after 2 years as you will be on  the TSS stream? Or if you change employer / role are you eligible for PR after 2 years with them if they nominate?

It depends on a number of factors including when you applied for your subclass 457 visa. You would be well advised to seek a professional assessment before deciding on your next step.

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."