Make sure you check Electricity Bills

Johndoe

There's been a number of news reports about electricity overcharging so this is just an example of what may be a genuine error, or not. I recently switched to ****** for the 28% discount. Being a pensioner, I also get a Queensland concession. I have just received a reminder that my bill is overdue, a bill that I didn't receive, asking me to pay now. I rang them and said that I wouldn't pay a reminder and that I wanted to see an itemised bill. As it turns out, the bill was devoid of any discount and had I paid the reminder, I would have been overcharged by $60. so always seek an itemised bill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen
On 26/05/2018 at 10:22, unzippy said:

Why censor the suppliers name?

I’m not sure. @Johndoe you are allowed to say who they are. Unless you were calling them a swear word lol.

Guest The Pom Queen

We need a discount, last month our bill was around $1,000 (PER MONTH) or $800 if paid early. Hubby paid it whilst he was in hospital but I do wonder if it was an estimate. 

‘They say when you pay monthly it is often estimated so it’s going to be wrong. I pray ours is wrong by around $700.

• 4 weeks later...

I switched my plan to 28% discount on usage if paying by direct debit (didn’t change the electricity company, just the plan) they didn’t apply the discount for the 40 days out of 51billed. Their error and we got refunded $103.01 

Definatly work checking your bill ?

Edited by samlab
Correct