Current Victoria 190 Nomination Time

Working with a MA, they've lodged the EOI this week, and about to do the Victoria state nomination in next few days. All documents ready (can't believe how many hours it has taken in the past month to get this all together).  

How long is it likely to take for the Vic 190 state nomination? New to this process, its very useful reading about people's time lines and experiences. It seems so varied. 

Is it true that the Immigration nominations slows down in May and June?? I read that somewhere, but still feeling hopeful. Had to wait for skills assessment and getting evidence together. 

Any Dietitians ANZSCO 251111 out there having recently applied for and granted 190 Victoria? 

Interested to know timelines and rates of success. Thank you for your help. 

23 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

At the moment, the system is very erratic and difficult to predict. However, do not assume Vic sponsorship is a given. They have a habit of refusing sponsorship. 

True, we've had two (or is it three?) people posting in the last couple of weeks, who were refused after being invited.

14 minutes ago, CeltInCaulfield said:

I know of quite a few more from Blighty over the last three or four months who have tried applying for 190 sponsorship, only to be turned down.

Does seem like they're tightening things up a bit.

Sorry to jump on this thread but I’ve noticed a few recently being turned down from Victoria too, is this the case from people you know or were they applying to different states, we’re about to put our EOI in for NSW.

Good luck @WizardofOz2018 and fingers crossed all goes well ??

15 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

At the moment, the system is very erratic and difficult to predict. However, do not assume Vic sponsorship is a given. They have a habit of refusing sponsorship. 

Thank you - unfortunately today the MA said that she tried all day to try log the nomination application but the Vic website had technical issues. She's hoping to try again tomorrow. Its a very expensive process so far and hugely time consuming, so I am holding thumbs it all works out.  Someone told me about a website you can have an idea on the progress of visas and there are very few of my profession on there. Yes you're right its probably more unpredictable. Thanks for replying though.

14 hours ago, Emma_M said:

Sorry to jump on this thread but I’ve noticed a few recently being turned down from Victoria too, is this the case from people you know or were they applying to different states, we’re about to put our EOI in for NSW.

Good luck @WizardofOz2018 and fingers crossed all goes well ??

No problem its how we all learn about the process I guess...I cant find much that matches my situation however its interesting to learn about, nevertheless.

Thank you - unfortunately today the MA said that she tried all day to try log the nomination application but the Vic website had technical issues. She's hoping to try again tomorrow. Its a very expensive process so far and hugely time consuming, so I am holding thumbs it all works out.  Someone told me about a website you can have an idea on the progress of visas and there are very few of my profession on there. Others on this forum are  right its probably more unpredictable. Thanks for replying though.

• 2 months later...
On 10/05/2018 at 05:31, VERYSTORMY said:

So I received my invitation to apply today, so pleased, just on 12 weeks. Now the next phase begins. This forum is so useful in understanding the process and seeing others in similar situations. Thank you. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WizardofOz2018 said:

So I received my invitation to apply today, so pleased, just on 12 weeks. Now the next phase begins. This forum is so useful in understanding the process and seeing others in similar situations. Thank you. 

You're off to see the Wizard...in Aus!

Well done. 

ATN

• 4 months later...