189 fresh start visa. general chat - (Plumber)

Hi guys, we are starting a new application and was wondering if anyone has a checklist of everything required to submit an EOI?

so far I've got -

Medicals,

Vetassess - I also need to complete a level 2 in first aid for this. (Have a few more questions on this but will read/talk with Vetassess)

Police checks - I guess you just contact the local station to request them?

IELTS - I think I need to score superior for the points required (would like to hear anyone else's experience)

Anyone else going through this or have recently?

Thanks

Hi guys, we are starting a new application and was wondering if anyone has a checklist of everything required to submit an EOI?

so far I've got -
Medicals,
Vetassess - I also need to complete a level 2 in first aid for this. (Have a few more questions on this but will read/talk with Vetassess)
Police checks - I guess you just contact the local station to request them?
IELTS - I think I need to score superior for the points required (would like to hear anyone else's experience)

Anyone else going through this or have recently?

Thanks

Hi,
Our eoi has been submitted ( my partner is the main applicant being a plumber) we only have 60 points at the moment after two ielts tests. He will be sitting it again end of June to try an get superior so we will have hopefully have 70 points. They are not inviting at the moment les than 70, not sure how long that will last. Think 189 visas are difficult to get at the moment but we want to go to QLD and they are not sponsoring for 190 :( we are using an agent so haven’t done Medicals, police checks etc yet.

On 11/05/2018 at 15:58, Aimz said:

Hi,
Our eoi has been submitted ( my partner is the main applicant being a plumber) we only have 60 points at the moment after two ielts tests. He will be sitting it again end of June to try an get superior so we will have hopefully have 70 points. They are not inviting at the moment les than 70, not sure how long that will last. Think 189 visas are difficult to get at the moment but we want to go to QLD and they are not sponsoring for 190 :( we are using an agent so haven’t done Medicals, police checks etc yet.

Hi Amiz,  

Your situation sounds very similar to ours with the level of points. 

What is your husbands experience with the IELTS so far? I think I would also need superior in the test and this worries me as my spelling is terrible! I have dyslexia in the family and think I may be mild case so wouldn't be too hopeful with getting a high score :-/

• 2 months later...
Hi Amiz,  

Your situation sounds very similar to ours with the level of points. 
What is your husbands experience with the IELTS so far? I think I would also need superior in the test and this worries me as my spelling is terrible! I have dyslexia in the family and think I may be mild case so wouldn't be too hopeful with getting a high score :-/

Hi! I will be honest, my partner said it is not an nice experience at all.. I don’t agree with how they mark it and we very nearly went for the PTE as it is computer marked but as he knows the set up with ielts now l, we felt another shot at it would be best. It’s very frustrating as he got over 8 in each part except for the writing with 7.5 [emoji35]
If he doesn’t get it this time l, were not sure where to go from here. Time is goin passing an we just want to get there! What are your plans? You going for a 189? Where you thinking of going in Australia?