457 visa nomination transfer time 2018

Thanks @Raul Senise

My visa is submitted under LMT and also my sponsors are the recognised oraganzation .So do you have any idea in how many weeks I should hear.I have already waited for 2 weeks . Is it something I can reach out to them as I am suffering financially. 

Thanks in advance .

On 31/10/2018 at 10:58, Shil said:

Thanks @Raul Senise

My visa is submitted under LMT and also my sponsors are the recognised oraganzation .So do you have any idea in how many weeks I should hear.I have already waited for 2 weeks . Is it something I can reach out to them as I am suffering financially. 

Thanks in advance .

LMT stands for Labour Market testing and has no bearing on processing time.

Not sure what you mean by "recognised sponsor". If you mean they are an "approved sponsor", this will not give them any priority.

If however, they are an "accredited sponsor" (which means they have met higher standards and requirements), then the application will be given priority and usually processed within a few weeks. 

You cannot request priority processing for personal financial pressures.

On 31/10/2018 at 10:58, Shil said:

Thanks @Raul Senise

Thanks in advance .

On 05/11/2018 at 12:37, Shil said:

@zabee- in how many weeks you got your nomination approved ?i am also in the same boat ,  Can you please reply ASAP.

thanks 

@Shil -- It took me about 15 days for the nomination  to get approved given the fact that it was a transfer from 457 visa.

I am not sure if i need to apply for a new visa under this nomination or existing 457 would do !!!

@Raul Senise could you please help me with this.Should I/employer apply for another visa under the approved nomination or existing 457 would suffice for rest of the visa tenure.

Nomination is only valid for a year but my visa (457) has got another 2 years of validity.

Regards,

Zabee.

13 hours ago, zabee said:

@Raul Senise could you please help me with this.Should I/employer apply for another visa under the approved nomination or existing 457 would suffice for rest of the visa tenure.

Nomination is only valid for a year but my visa (457) has got another 2 years of validity.

The Regulations and conditions for visa transfer have changed under the TSS/482 program, so it will depend on your specif situation. There is insufficient information in your post to determine whether a visa application is also required.

Hi, I am a 457 visa holder. my visa was granted in August 2016 before the changes made and has already been 2 years. However, my employer does not apply for PR to keep me as long as they can. They are giving me a very hard time. 

My question is, my occupation was now moved to short term list. Can i change my employer?  if yes, what about the conditions that my visa currently has. i am still eligible to apply PR as my visa was granted before changes. Will i still be eligible to apply for PR with a new employee? Do i have to wait another 2 years with a new employer to be able to apply for PR

I am very desperate as i am suffering everyday at work. my life is a nightmare now. Please please help...

3 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

You may have PR option under transitional arrangements if you change employer. It will depend on the specific details of your case. 

I would suggest obtaining professional advice for your specific situation, as you opportunity for PR may be limited.

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for your answer, 

What do you mean saying ( as you opportunity for PR may be limited)?

As far as I know existing 457 visa holders on 18 April 2017 are unaffected from the changes as long as they stay with the same employer min 2 years, paid based on TSMIT and meet English and age requirement. Isnt it correct? why is it still limited? 

Many thanks in advance

24 minutes ago, basar said:

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for your answer, 

What do you mean saying ( as you opportunity for PR may be limited)?

As far as I know existing 457 visa holders on 18 April 2017 are unaffected from the changes as long as they stay with the same employer min 2 years, paid based on TSMIT and meet English and age requirement. Isnt it correct? why is it still limited? 

Many thanks in advance

Transitional arrangements are not in place indefinitely. 

Many candidates currently on 457 visas and changing employer will need to apply for new TSS visas which have different criteria to the 457.

If you were granted a 457 in August 2016, you do not have sufficient time left to do a further 2 years with a new employer, which will require a new TSS visa before you can qualify for 186 TRT.

2 minutes ago, Raul Senise said:

Transitional arrangements are not in place indefinitely. 

Many candidates currently on 457 visas and changing employer will need to apply for new TSS visas which have different criteria to the 457.

If you were granted a 457 in August 2016, you do not have sufficient time left to do a further 2 years with a new employer, which will require a new TSS visa before you can qualify for 186 TRT.

Thank you Paul,

I understand, this happens if i change my employer. but if i stay with the same employer with no change at all, i will be ok to PR. correct? 

On 08/11/2018 at 14:38, zabee said:

@Shil -- It took me about 15 days for the nomination  to get approved given the fact that it was a transfer from 457 visa.

I am not sure if i need to apply for a new visa under this nomination or existing 457 would do !!!

Regards,

Zabee.

@zabee I have similar situation to you I think, but I am still waiting a new job offer from new employer who gonna sponsor me and not sure if new nomination is sufficient to transfer or new visa application should be applied? please update me if you got answer. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi, i am currently holding 457 visa and i ceased employment with my employer. i was trying to transfer to the new employer. however, i just got the bad news that the new employer's nomination got rejected. And since i have been waiting more than 5 weeks for the result and now the 60 days period is gone. I need the advice that what can i do to maintain my visa not to be cancelled? 

Hi all,

Myself and my husband are on 457 visa.Our visa was granted on may 2018 and we reached in Australia by August 2018.
My husband works in this automotive company in Canberra and now another better automotive group is ready to sponsor him in Sydney and they have submitted the nomination application for the visa.
We haven’t informed the current sponsors regarding the shift and still he continues to work there.The nomination was submitted on 23rd of November.
It is been more than a month but still haven’t heard from the immigration.We are worried since we read about the 60 day period.Does it apply for us since our sponsors are not aware of it?
Kindly advice.

• 2 weeks later...
On Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 05:19, Raul Senise said:

If you are already the holder of a 457 visa and a nomination was lodged to transfer you to a new employer/sponsor, this should be automatically given priority processing. This would normally take a few weeks, not months. 

Hi sir Raul i am a holder 457 visa granted 01-10-18 expire 01-10-22,im still in philippines cause my employer is back out, now my agent  found another company ill wait for nomination grant it is possible my visa stay in 457 visa not change to tss visa and how many weeks nomination grant,thank you so much

14 hours ago, regie canada said:

Hi sir Raul i am a holder 457 visa granted 01-10-18 expire 01-10-22,im still in philippines cause my employer is back out, now my agent  found another company ill wait for nomination grant it is possible my visa stay in 457 visa not change to tss visa and how many weeks nomination grant,thank you so much

If your 457 is still valid and your are being sponsored in the same occupation, the new employer only needs to have a nomination approved to transfer your current 457 visa to them.

The processing time for a nomination will vary depending on the circumstance, from a few weeks to 3 months.

On 03/01/2019 at 19:01, Neethu said:

Hi all,

Myself and my husband are on 457 visa.Our visa was granted on may 2018 and we reached in Australia by August 2018.
My husband works in this automotive company in Canberra and now another better automotive group is ready to sponsor him in Sydney and they have submitted the nomination application for the visa.
We haven’t informed the current sponsors regarding the shift and still he continues to work there.The nomination was submitted on 23rd of November.
It is been more than a month but still haven’t heard from the immigration.We are worried since we read about the 60 day period.Does it apply for us since our sponsors are not aware of it?
Kindly advice.

We did the same from Adelaide to Brisbane. Your ok, the 60 days doesn’t apply to you.

He’s still working with your sponsor and as soon as his visa transfer comes through from his new company, he just hands his notice in & work out his required notice period, then you all move to sunny Sydney😁👍🏻

If he leaves his current sponsor without a new sponsor then you have 60 days to get a new one or they will cancel your 457. 

We have been waiting since last to month to get approval from immigration dep

On 18/01/2019 at 16:08, samlab said:

We did the same from Adelaide to Brisbane. Your ok, the 60 days doesn’t apply to you.

He’s still working with your sponsor and as soon as his visa transfer comes through from his new company, he just hands his notice in & work out his required notice period, then you all move to sunny Sydney😁👍🏻

If he leaves his current sponsor without a new sponsor then you have 60 days to get a new one or they will cancel your 457. 

waiting since last two months to get approval from immigration. nothing hear yet . Kindly please advise how long it gonna take 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi i have a very bad situation here. 

I am working for a company as a cook on 457 visa and now i have completed my 2years and ready to lodge 186 trt. I got my 457 visa January 2017 so i am eligible for 186. It is a big company and they have 14 restaurants and i am sponsored under one those restaurants. Last week my employer has changed only my restaurant's ABN number and name but everything is same in the company employer is same all the entities are same management same my pay is same only the change is ABN. My company migration agent is saying we just need to notify department about ABN and don't need new sponsorship and nomination but all the other lawyers with I have consulted sayingI need new nomination before I lodge 186 visa otherwise it will be refuse.  My employer is keep saying he is not going to lodge new nomination becouse he seems no issues at all and we can still lodge 186 visa now i am confused and stress please someone tell me what to do thank you.

• 1 month later...
On 20/02/2019 at 15:24, Jelly said:

For anyone interested, I just transferred my 457 to a new sponsor and it took 20 days.

Hi jelly I want to transfer my 457 and I wanted to do it on my own can you please guide me how you did that

@Raul Senise

Hi Raul, my visa was granted on 22nd Feb, 2018. My nominated occupation was Engineering Technologist (in solar energy field) which is in MLTSSL.

I have a new job offer which is a Project Manager role (in solar energy field only) which is also in MLTSSL.

Does my new employer only need to file for nomination or a new visa is to be applied?

Also, can I know whether my new employer is an accredited sponsor? If yes, how?

Your information in this regard would be very much appreciated.

Thanks