457 visa nomination transfer time 2018

Hi all, 

My nomination was submitted on February 4th by my new employer. It has now been three months and I am still awaiting a decision from the department.

Does anyone know or have any experience with current 457 visa nomination transfer times?

Cheers.

Hi Raul, 

Many thanks for the information.

I am transferring occupation lists, so may this have an impact on the timeframe? If this is the case will this fall under the current nomination timeframes for a new TSS visa?

The last piece of communication from the DHA was that it was currently in the system in a queue waiting to be allocated to a DHA case officer. 

Many thanks.

• 2 months later...
On 10/05/2018 at 15:21, Raul Senise said:

As it is under the old 457 system, it should still fall under the normal transfer guidelines and be given priority processing.

Hi Raul, my new employer told me that before they can transfer the visa, they need to post a job ad for 28 days. Is this true? Is it possible to apply for the visa transfer nomination before the 28 days finishes? I need to know as my visa will expire in 6th Sep - if i need to wait for 28 days, I only have 2 weeks to transfer my visa, is that enough time? I hope you can answer my question as this really worries me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Raul Senise,

I am currently on a 457 visa valid for another 2 years. I've got a job offer and i have accepted it. My new employer has informed me that my visa transfer has been lodged. It has been about 2 weeks now and i haven't heard back yet.

Will there be any LMT for 457 transfer. not sure what would be the time line.

Is there any way where i can track the status. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Zabee.

13 hours ago, zabee said:

Hi @Raul Senise,

I am currently on a 457 visa valid for another 2 years. I've got a job offer and i have accepted it. My new employer has informed me that my visa transfer has been lodged. It has been about 2 weeks now and i haven't heard back yet.

Will there be any LMT for 457 transfer. not sure what would be the time line.

Is there any way where i can track the status. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Zabee.

LMT is required for all nomination applications, unless exemptions apply. As such, without knowing the specifics of your case, I cannot comment as to whether LMT would have been required.

Visa transfers are usually processed quickly, so you should hear something soon.

The application would have been lodged under your employers ImmiAccount, so you can not access it. The ImmiAccount does not give progress updates anyway.

Hi Raul,

I am 457 visa holders granted in Feb 2018.

How long its normally take for the new nomination to be approved? The new nomination was lodged on 1/8/2018 and we are still waiting for the response. It is showing ‘received’ on the IMMI account and no further information was requested in the past 10 days. I am afraid it would take beyond the 60 days grace period as the termination date of my current employment is 14/8/2018.

Do it matter?

16 hours ago, Pik Li said:

Hi Raul,

I am 457 visa holders granted in Feb 2018.

How long its normally take for the new nomination to be approved? The new nomination was lodged on 1/8/2018 and we are still waiting for the response. It is showing ‘received’ on the IMMI account and no further information was requested in the past 10 days. I am afraid it would take beyond the 60 days grace period as the termination date of my current employment is 14/8/2018.

Do it matter?

If it is a nomination to transfer your existing 457 visa to a new employer, it should be given priority and processed within a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/08/2018 at 06:43, Raul Senise said:

If it is a nomination to transfer your existing 457 visa to a new employer, it should be given priority and processed within a few weeks.

Hi Raul, would it be an issue if the contract I have signed for the visa transfer didn't indicate the start date, just TBC? 

16 minutes ago, Raul Senise said:

Contract can't have a start date, as you cannot commence until nomination transfer is approved.

Thanks Raul. My 60 days will end on 6th Sept and my employer said they have lodge the nomination yesterday. Would that be an issue, since it is less than 2 weeks? how long does it take for the nomination to be approved and visa to be transferred?

HI Raul,

I need your help in understanding my 457 transfer. My nomination was lodged on 18 July and its been 5 weeks that I have not heard from Department. How much time is it usually taking for the 457 transfer. Two of my friends got it transferred within a week and i have been waiting got 5 weeks, which is a long long wait. Could you please help me answer my question.

Thanks.

20 hours ago, javin4 said:

Thanks Raul. My 60 days will end on 6th Sept and my employer said they have lodge the nomination yesterday. Would that be an issue, since it is less than 2 weeks? how long does it take for the nomination to be approved and visa to be transferred?

9 hours ago, Shephard said:

HI Raul,

I need your help in understanding my 457 transfer. My nomination was lodged on 18 July and its been 5 weeks that I have not heard from Department. How much time is it usually taking for the 457 transfer. Two of my friends got it transferred within a week and i have been waiting got 5 weeks, which is a long long wait. Could you please help me answer my question.

Thanks.

Please be mindful that I can not answer specific questions, without knowing all of the relevant information for your matter.

Generally, applications to transfer an existing subclass 457 visa are processed quickly, within a few weeks.

Times will vary considerably depending on a number of factors, including whether a complete application was lodged.

On 23/08/2018 at 07:15, Raul Senise said:

Please be mindful that I can not answer specific questions, without knowing all of the relevant information for your matter.

Generally, applications to transfer an existing subclass 457 visa are processed quickly, within a few weeks.

Times will vary considerably depending on a number of factors, including whether a complete application was lodged.

Hi Raul, once my immigration agent lodge the application, can he send me the TRN?

On 24/08/2018 at 12:51, javin4 said:

Hi Raul, once my immigration agent lodge the application, can he send me the TRN?

They would need the sponsors permission as the nomination application is an application by the employer. Even if you had the TRN, it would not help you as A) you can not log into someone else account and B) the account does not give any update on processing, other than a change in status when finalised.

Hello Raul,

I do have some questions that I have scouted an answer for and seem not to find the facts. I have a Visa Granted in Jan 2017 (before the new rules came into place). The current 457 is valid till 2021.

I have a new employer willing to sponsor for a different job than the one that I was initially sponsored for. The new job/role is on the MLTSSL. 

a) Does this require a new visa or just a transfer? I have seen conflicting advice online. Some sites say a new 482 Visa is required, some say that this will just require a transfer to the new employer.

b) During the nomination by the new employer, does the current employer get notified at some point? The concern here would be if they become aware you are seeking another nomination/transfer, the attitude towards you might change.   If they are not notified (hopefully), does it mean its good to wait until the nomination is approved and then resign and give notice to the current employer? 

On 09/08/2018 at 07:19, Raul Senise said:

LMT is required for all nomination applications, unless exemptions apply. As such, without knowing the specifics of your case, I cannot comment as to whether LMT would have been required.

Visa transfers are usually processed quickly, so you should hear something soon.

The application would have been lodged under your employers ImmiAccount, so you can not access it. The ImmiAccount does not give progress updates anyway.

Thanks Raul,

My nomination has come through, So will my employer apply for a new visa under the approved nomination or would the nomination suffice as the visa has been transferred from 457 to 482.

If  a new visa has to be applied will that be a fresh visa with new validity or it continues with the validity of existing 457.

I truly appreciate your help and advise.

Regards,

Zabeeulla.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, souldefender said:

Currently I am under 457 visa. I want to change my employer. Does it affect to apply for PR in future? WilL I need to work another two years with new employer to be eligible?

Yes, although I'd suggest you check your specific situation with a migration agent since the requirement has changed to 3 years depending, I think, on when you applied for your 457.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Pik Li @Shephard

Have you got the nomination approved ? If yes on what date. Your answer will be much of my help and appreciated.

Actually my visa nomination is also submitted on 16th October and it’s 2 weeks today and I have not heard anything. My sponsor says that on the visa submission page it says 38 days to 66 days . Does it really two long? 

@Raul Senise  please suggest.

Thanks

12 hours ago, Shil said:

Hi @Pik Li @Shephard

Have you got the nomination approved ? If yes on what date. Your answer will be much of my help and appreciated.

Actually my visa nomination is also submitted on 16th October and it’s 2 weeks today and I have not heard anything. My sponsor says that on the visa submission page it says 38 days to 66 days . Does it really two long? 

@Raul Senise  please suggest.

Thanks

On 5 September the Department announced the end of the priority processing service and the introduction of Ministerial Direction No. 77 – Order for processing applications lodged under the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482).

Applications are now processed in order of priority as set out by Ministerial Direction:

1. applications lodged by accredited sponsors
  2. applications lodged for positions that are located in a regional Australia
  3. applications lodged under the Labour Agreement stream
  4. all other applications