Requirements that qualify a business as able to sign off 88 days rural work

steevo_94

Hi All,

I have questions regarding the businesses that sign off 88 days of rural work, I am currently going through the process of looking for rural work and am trying to sort my options as to what places qualify with the ability of signing off rural work.

I understand that the business have to be located in a "rural" postcode and have to be in the below areas, and have an ABN

-Plant and animal cultivation

-Fishing and pearling

-Tree farming and felling

-Mining

-Construction

Are there any other requirements needed from the businesses to be able to sign off the 88 days of rural work?

Can I work for two separate employers to cover the 88 days if work for any reason dries up at one of the employers?

Does the business have to be registered as a rural company in any capacity or can I just undertake work that fits within the requirements using any company?

If my payslips from the employers are listed as 7 days i.e 1st to the 7th but I have only worked 3 days due to the employer not having work on the other days, does that mean I can submit that as 7 days worked or do the actual days I have worked need to be disclosed?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated with this