Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

louise7981

Citizenship application - parents details??

Recommended Posts

I have just started my citizenship application and wondered why they ask for details of my parents and their passport details? Not a problem to provide them but just curious why they want them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, louise7981 said:

 

I have just started my citizenship application and wondered why they ask for details of my parents and their passport details? Not a problem to provide them but just curious why they want them?

Make sure they are not any ozzie security lists, stop lists, never been deported from oz etc

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Make sure they are not any ozzie security lists, stop lists, never been deported from oz etc

Thank you - makes sense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any ideas what happens if you're unable to provide details on parents - eg I can't provide my mothers details as she is deceased, as is my father in law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should say passport details - I can provide all other details they are looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, louise7981 said:

Should say passport details - I can provide all other details they are looking for.

Just tell them they are deceased or you simply don't know. For one thing not everyone has a passport so details can't be supplied anyway. Just do the best you can 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just leave the passport thing blank.  My dad was deceased, so I couldn't get that either.  It wasn't a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Make sure they are not any ozzie security lists, stop lists, never been deported from oz etc

I don’t understand.... If I am already a permanent resident (which one must be to apply for citizenship), can they prevent you becoming a citizen based on something your parents do/have done?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
7 hours ago, louise7981 said:

Any ideas what happens if you're unable to provide details on parents - eg I can't provide my mothers details as she is deceased, as is my father in law.

Isn’t it an optional thing to provide? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Isn’t it an optional thing to provide? 

I thought I’d read you only need to provide it if they have visited Australia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Just now, LouDYorkie said:


I thought I’d read you only need to provide it if they have visited Australia.

Can’t recall. Thought it was still optional but I may be remembering it wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just answer the best you can. Both my parents are deceased and provided them their names, country of citizenship and some basic information. I think I put Not applicable to some items including passport details.


--

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all - I am trying to submit it electronically so not sure if if will be difficult to omit these details. I will try again today and may need to give immigration a call if any issues. I will post again later to update. Hopefully we won't have any delays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
11 minutes ago, louise7981 said:

Thank you all - I am trying to submit it electronically so not sure if if will be difficult to omit these details. I will try again today and may need to give immigration a call if any issues. I will post again later to update. Hopefully we won't have any delays.

I don’t recall it being an issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LouDYorkie said:


I don’t understand.... If I am already a permanent resident (which one must be to apply for citizenship), can they prevent you becoming a citizen based on something your parents do/have done?
 

I doubt it, but they would probably link the files. They also use forms like this to double check stuff - for instance if your parents were to apply later for a parent visa they would check back to see the details matched what you had given in the past. 

 

It really doesn't matter if you don't have or don't give details though. I didn't know my mum's passport number so left it blank and for my dad I would've just put deceased. As I said earlie,not everyone has a passport anyway!

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/05/2018 at 00:17, Nemesis said:

Just tell them they are deceased or you simply don't know. For one thing not everyone has a passport so details can't be supplied anyway. Just do the best you can 

Hi,

I am filling out my application and got stuck while entering parents details. My parents are deceased, so where should i enter that details. there are options only to enter the date of birth and their citizenship status. Please help me to clear this out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just put the date of the ending of their citizenship as the date of their death and in the reason put deceased. It wasn’t obvious where to put details of deceased relatives. It was OK I now have a passport. 

  • Like 1

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

I am reading about the documents required for citizenship application and found this thread:. Please let me know:

1. What type of details are required for the parents details sections ? 

2. Do we need the details of in-laws also ? !  If so, what details are required and what to do if one does not know any of the details ? 

3. Do you need details of the spouse also ? What are details required ? 

Thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×