190 NSW invite times for nurses

10 hours ago, Gwatson said:

QLD,  S.A. and now NSW. My husband is an executive chef so we need to be somewhere that will offer both of us job options. I looked at job sites in Perth and no job adverts came up for my job which put me off applying there

Hey, did you guys look into getting your husbands skill assessment done? I worked in the U>k for 6 years and didn't have any qualification in cooking. you can apply through vetassess pathway 1, where they look into your work experience(need minimum of 4 years),  and then invite for an interview.If successful you get skill assessment as well as Cert 4 in cookery, which will give him 10 points for education. I got invited by NSW couple of weeks back with just 60+5 points, received my invitation  in just 20 days. I was in sort of similar situation as you are , finished my degree here in Australia, but for my occupation needed 80 points, so my lawyer suggested me to go through this route. 

12 hours ago, garrychandi said:

Hey, did you guys look into getting your husbands skill assessment done? I worked in the U>k for 6 years and didn't have any qualification in cooking. you can apply through vetassess pathway 1, where they look into your work experience(need minimum of 4 years),  and then invite for an interview.If successful you get skill assessment as well as Cert 4 in cookery, which will give him 10 points for education. I got invited by NSW couple of weeks back with just 60+5 points, received my invitation  in just 20 days. I was in sort of similar situation as you are , finished my degree here in Australia, but for my occupation needed 80 points, so my lawyer suggested me to go through this route. 

Thanks Garry. My husband is 48 so we were told the whole process needs to be done based on my points and that a skills assessment isn't possible for him?