190 NSW invite times for nurses

Hi all, 

Been going through all the threads but none of them seem to address general times for registered nurses. I put in EOI for 70 points including superior English, any idea how long it will be for an invite? I can’t seem to find any statistics on 190 NSW invites at all, only for 189 visas. Thanks so much in advance, want to get back to oz so badly! 

10 hours ago, LDNurse said:

Hi all, 

Been going through all the threads but none of them seem to address general times for registered nurses. I put in EOI for 70 points including superior English, any idea how long it will be for an invite? I can’t seem to find any statistics on 190 NSW invites at all, only for 189 visas. Thanks so much in advance, want to get back to oz so badly! 

I'm a podiatrist with 65 points and I got an invite in about 3 weeks of submitting my EOI. They invite every couple weeks I believe and invites go out on Fridays.

I don't think there's any way of knowing how long it could take. Sit tight I guess! Good luck! 

3 hours ago, LDNurse said:

Thanks so much for reply...it’s good to know they’re inviting. Sometimes it feels like you may have been lost in the system! Just checking, was your invite recent? 

Yes i got invited just over 6 weeks ago. Have submitted my application for sponsorship and we are now waiting for the official invite to apply for the actual visa. Everything's crossed! I keep thinking 'Have I made a mistake with my points claim'??  Hope not!! 

I don't know how they decide who to invite and when. Some people seem to get invited really quickly while others are made to wait. Maybe there are alot of registered nurses applying?! Or theres flucturation in the job market for nurses and it's a quiet period. I'm sure there's method to the madness, but doesnt make it any easier when you're having to wait. 

I hope you get your invite soon! And you too Pauline. Xx

7 hours ago, Pauline Mohammed said:

Hi I submitted an EOI on 17th jan for registered nurse 65 points for nsw and haven’t received an invite yet ? starting to think I will never get any invite 

Try 489 eoi.. take it as a back up 

21 hours ago, Pauline Mohammed said:

Thanks waris

we are a family of six, four kids of school age so don’t think I could afford the school fees etc plus don’t want the stress of visas while I there rather get it out the way. 

Hopefully July will bring some good news ?

Wish u very good luck .. we will apply once we receive positive skill assessment.. if all went good it should be first week of June ..

i am scared ? Already .. I don’t know will we get an invitation.. finger cross ??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pauline Mohammed said:

I’m sure things will work out we need to be patient. Good luck with the skills assessment and the EOI 

?

Thanks Pauline .

i will update u how my hubby goes with interview . 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Gwatson Unfortunately with 65 points, it will be a long wait for NSW. They invite people with the highest points first. If there is a way for you to increase your points I would recommend going that route. If your not locked into NSW maybe look at another state that doesn't invite by points first for example South Australia (South Australia has special conditions now for Nec nurse as they filled most of their quota this year for that Anzsco code).

489 visa could be an option as you get 10 points when sponsored for that.

Edited by Jenki75

Ok, thank you. Is it right that NSW review EOIs based on occupation before points? Im praying they do but not feeling hopeful. Already sumitted EOI for SA, waited 14 weeks then got told about the special conditions so that was another 3 and a half months wasted. So disappointing.

42 minutes ago, Jenki75 said:

@Gwatson Unfortunately with 65 points, it will be a long wait for NSW. They invite people with the highest points first. If there is a way for you to increase your points I would recommend going that route. If your not locked into NSW maybe look at another state that doesn't invite by points first for example South Australia (South Australia has special conditions now for Nec nurse as they filled most of their quota this year for that Anzsco code).

489 visa could be an option as you get 10 points when sponsored for that.

Ok, thank you. Is it right that NSW review EOIs based on occupation before points? Im praying they do but not feeling hopeful. Already sumitted EOI for SA, waited 14 weeks then got told about the special conditions so that was another 3 and a half months wasted. So disappointing.

I think NSW looks at occupation first, then points, then English score, then experience and then earliest EOI submission date.   Its a shame you missed out with SA. They took the special conditions off for the 2018/2019 new year but it quickly filled up and conditions went back on about 7 weeks after I submitted in September.

You mentioned that you are a oncology nurse, would you be able to qualify as a 254421 medical practice nurse? This could give you more options. SA still has availability under this Anzsco code, with no special conditions for a 190 visa. If you apply before conditions get put on and you meet the 5 yrs work experience you might get sponsorship.

5 minutes ago, Jenki75 said:

I think NSW looks at occupation first, then points, then English score, then experience and then earliest EOI submission date.   Its a shame you missed out with SA. They took the special conditions off for the 2018/2019 new year but it quickly filled up and conditions went back on about 7 weeks after I submitted in September.

You mentioned that you are a oncology nurse, would you be able to qualify as a 254421 medical practice nurse? This could give you more options. SA still has availability under this Anzsco code, with no special conditions for a 190 visa. If you apply before conditions get put on and you meet the 5 yrs work experience you might get sponsorship.

I looked at that code but it looks more of a community/GP setting which isn't what I do. I don't want to change code and risk submitting an EOI with a code that isn't really right. Soooooo tough! 

My husband had his skills assessed for 2 different Anzsco codes and he was approved. So it give him more options with submitting EOI's. It was just a thought as our skills don't always match up perfectly to the Australian Anzsco codes.

Edited by Jenki75

4 minutes ago, Jenki75 said:

My husband had his skills assessed for 2 different Anzsco codes and he was approved. So it give him more options with submitting EOI's. It was just a thought as our skills don't always match up perfectly to the Australian Anzsco codes.

Thats really good to know...thank you!

16 hours ago, CivCdn said:

What other states have you looked into? That occupation is open in all states except QLD, SA and WA for the permanent 190.

QLD,  S.A. and now NSW. My husband is an executive chef so we need to be somewhere that will offer both of us job options. I looked at job sites in Perth and no job adverts came up for my job which put me off applying there