189 & Current points required

Hi everyone, 

So I fall in to the same boat as most, waiting for an invite after submitting an EOI for a 189 visa. I am defacto on my partners application and he is a Diesel Mechanic. 

We have 65 points and I can see that people under 70 points haven't been getting invited since last year; so that's disheartening!

Anyway, the point of my post is to ask, is there any chance we would never get an invite at all?? Or is it just a case of waiting and eventually we will be invited ... just later down the line. 

I suppose I am just looking for some reassurance. Any comment is appreciated! 

Laura x

Thank you both for replying. 

I haven't been able to locate anywhere online what the invitation results are for the 190 visa, I don't suppose you know where they are listed? 

I am trying to see what their points requirement is at the moment and if it's a tough for the 190 as it is for the 189. 

Thank you!! 

Does anyone know anymore on the new financial year starting July 2018. 

I have heard the the number of invitations will return to the larger number approximately 1000 invite per round this hopefully means things will start to move faster. 

Do we know if this will happen or what the chances are

thanks 

Yes they should go up again if the previous years pattern is followed.

But perhaps not as much since in the past they have used up most of the allocation by dec and then slowed it down.

In short, who knows what they do???

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Emma_M said:

Congrats Laura, we received our invite today too only put ours in on Tuesday!

x

That's awesome!! 

Pls keep me posted on your progress moving forward too ?

And thank you!

xx

Edited by LauraHol89

2 hours ago, Emma_M said:

Hi Laura,

We received our nomination and invite to apply today! All moving very fast, we need to get our police and medicals done asap x

Hey, 

Forgive me if this is silly .... but do you mean that you submitted EOI  for 190 NSW then got invited, so submitted your docs and then already got invited again by skillsasses? 

Thanks! ? x

Edited by LauraHol89

Hi,

No we got our approval of nomination from NSW today and also invitation to apply for the actual visa now,

I was a bit confused to begin with too as I’m sure NSW has an additional step compared to other states if I’m correct!

So now we will submit the visa application, with all docs etc when we get it ready as I said it’s a bit quicker than we thought so still got a few bits to sort out first but hopefully lodge the application before end of June.

6 minutes ago, Emma_M said:

Hi,

No we got our approval of nomination from NSW today and also invitation to apply for the actual visa now,

I was a bit confused to begin with too as I’m sure NSW has an additional step compared to other states if I’m correct!

So now we will submit the visa application, with all docs etc when we get it ready as I said it’s a bit quicker than we thought so still got a few bits to sort out first but hopefully lodge the application before end of June.

Oh wow! 

Cool, good luck with it all and I'll hope to hear from you at the next stage ?