489 visa state sponsored Queensland

On 23/05/2018 at 11:34, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

2 yrs??? We got ours in 5 and half months from submitting the visa application,we got a wild grant in 2 weeks.

Hey dear ,, what is your occupation and how many points u had with 10 points 

just checking if anyone got a recent grant...athose who applied in Feb are getting direct grant in May if no CO contact till then. So now hoping for a direct grant but the wait is frustating....

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.
  • Like 1

On 29/05/2018 at 08:33, woody2709 said:

15th February I submitted. No CO contact, heart skips a beat every time I get an email......

have patience woody....u r next in line!!!

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.
  • Like 1

On 02/05/2018 at 21:34, lisawhite123 said:

I’m sure you will hear a response soon but yes it was frustrating waiting for vetassess tech interview.

It was a state nomination we applied for.

Lisa 

how are u and your pregnancy?? When is yoir baby due ?? Do u know it’s a girl or boy ?? Is it your first child ?? 

Uodate from my side migration agent is going to lodge eoi on Monday for 489 as mechanic with 55 plus 10 if we get nominated 

any guess how long should I wait 

3 hours ago, Newhope said:

Lisa 

how are u and your pregnancy?? When is yoir baby due ?? Do u know it’s a girl or boy ?? Is it your first child ?? 

Uodate from my side migration agent is going to lodge eoi on Monday for 489 as mechanic with 55 plus 10 if we get nominated 

any guess how long should I wait 

which state? please check as many states have closed their invitation to apply till July 18.

48 minutes ago, Adaa said:

which state? please check as many states have closed their invitation to apply till July 18.

We applied for nsw!! I think they are open to my knowledge in accepting applications .. thanks Adaa for your concern 

Well everyone, it's finally happened!!!! VISA GRANTED!!!! IF anyone knows my story I started last January  2017 working towards a 189 which was taking forever, caused lots of bad times and a relationship breakdown. Switched to a 489 in February 2018 and it's finally been granted!!!! Couldn't be happier. Keep your fingers crossed everyone it happens when you least expect it 

Timeline

Electrician (general) 60 points +10 SS

Applied for NT nomination - 09/02/18
State nomination granted - 12/02/18
Visa invitation - 14/02/18
Visa application lodged - 15/02/18
Medical - 20/02/18
Police certs for UK and Aus cleared-13/03/18
VISA GRANTED- 31/05/18

•  
  • Like 1

Well everyone, it's finally happened!!!! VISA GRANTED!!!! IF anyone knows my story I started last January  2017 working towards a 189 which was taking forever, caused lots of bad times and a relationship breakdown. Switched to a 489 in February 2018 and it's finally been granted!!!! Couldn't be happier. Keep your fingers crossed everyone it happens when you least expect it 

Timeline

Medical - 20/02/18
VISA GRANTED- 31/05/18
  •  

Fantastic news woody2709. Hope you have been celebrating ?? !!
My visa app was logged a couple of weeks after you so I live in hope to hear something soon!
  • Like 1

good to see that they are speeding up....i was under the impression that the CO contact is almost in a month or so but some have got it even after 3 months...so fingers crossed....just give me a DIRECT GRANT!!!

• Like 1

On 04/06/2018 at 03:01, woody2709 said:

Timeline

Medical - 20/02/18
VISA GRANTED- 31/05/18

•  

Congrats buddy 

• Like 1

My baby is 15 months old .. when u planning to move .. good luck 

Hopefully by August/ sept. I’ve got a 5 year old too that I want to settle in before starting school In jan.
exciting times! Now to write a list of things to do... wow .... where to start...[emoji848]
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lisawhite123 said:

Hopefully by August/ sept. I’ve got a 5 year old too that I want to settle in before starting school In jan.
exciting times! Now to write a list of things to do... wow .... where to start...emoji848.png

So happy for u .. good luck .. 

On 04/06/2018 at 03:01, woody2709 said:

Timeline

Medical - 20/02/18
VISA GRANTED- 31/05/18

•  

That's fantastic! Congratulations and all the best.

What's really cool about your timelines is that your NT state sponsorship happened in 3 days!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RRR2020 said:

That's fantastic! Congratulations and all the best.

What's really cool about your timelines is that your NT state sponsorship happened in 3 days!

Yeah, it was such a quick approval, can't wait to get on the plane and get back out there 

Hi all,

I've put this post on couple of the threads but haven't had much luck yet so thought I would try with you guys as you've had some success with the 489 Skilled Visa.

I've got an invitation to apply but I am a bit stuck on the Employment History section and the Skills Assessment bit. I have been assessed by VETASSESS for my current role (Health Promotion). However, I only have a positive skills assessment for 2.1 of the 3.1 years I've worked in that role. Is there a way on the visa application to separate the 'relevant' skilled experience with the 'non relevant' when its the same job? Or, do I just include my work history for this role (3.1 years) and whoever reviews my visa application will see from my skills assessment that 2.1 years is deemed 'relevant' and 1 year is deemed 'not relevant'? I haven't claimed any points for my work experience on my EOI. I don't know if I am just overthinking this but I just don't want to get it wrong. Any one got any experience of this where VETASSESS takes a 1 year off for 'training to the appropriate skill level'?

Health Promotion: 65 + 10 SS

State Nomination: April 2018

Invitation: May 2018

Thanks,

Suzie

7 hours ago, Suzie Davis said:

Hi all,

I've put this post on couple of the threads but haven't had much luck yet so thought I would try with you guys as you've had some success with the 489 Skilled Visa.

I've got an invitation to apply but I am a bit stuck on the Employment History section and the Skills Assessment bit. I have been assessed by VETASSESS for my current role (Health Promotion). However, I only have a positive skills assessment for 2.1 of the 3.1 years I've worked in that role. Is there a way on the visa application to separate the 'relevant' skilled experience with the 'non relevant' when its the same job? Or, do I just include my work history for this role (3.1 years) and whoever reviews my visa application will see from my skills assessment that 2.1 years is deemed 'relevant' and 1 year is deemed 'not relevant'? I haven't claimed any points for my work experience on my EOI. I don't know if I am just overthinking this but I just don't want to get it wrong. Any one got any experience of this where VETASSESS takes a 1 year off for 'training to the appropriate skill level'?

Health Promotion: 65 + 10 SS

State Nomination: April 2018

Invitation: May 2018

Thanks,

Suzie

Hi Suzie, was the 1st year your training? Skills assessments and the way immi view your work experience is only post qualification. So if you worked for 3.1 years, and was training for 1. Then it only classes as 2.1 years experience

On 04/06/2018 at 07:31, woody2709 said:

Timeline

Medical - 20/02/18
VISA GRANTED- 31/05/18

•  

Hi did you update sunsuper statement with your visa .