Parley

Should Donald Trump win Nobel Peace Prize ?

1 hour ago, InnerVoice said:

I think you'll find that figure is 1.7%. (105,000 prisoners / 6 million population)

That prison is both impressive and horrific, and it certainly seems to have done the trick in stopping gang violence. I imagine it's an absolute hell-hole inside, and there are probably some poor souls in there who are innocent but were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Oops!  Makes a big difference.  😎

• Like 1

17 hours ago, simmo said:

El Salvador has been transformed from the most dangerous to the safest country in the western hemisphere.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-68196826

You appear to have also misread the text in the article as well as the numbers, it says:

"..one of the safest in Latin America."

Not quite the same👍

Edited by unzippy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, unzippy said:

You appear to have also misread the text in the article as well as the numbers, it says:

Not quite the same👍

So, how's that moral high ground looking?

1 hour ago, Blue Manna said:

So, how's that moral high ground looking?

Pass me the binoculars and I'll let you know😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, unzippy said:

Not quite the same👍

That's good 👍

So @Marisawright, should the people of Transnistria be allowed to belong to Russia, or should they be allowed to belong to Moldova, or are you waiting for America to tell you who they should belong to, and are you happy for them to fight another war over it and which side will trump support, because we already know where biden stands.

Edited by Blue Manna

Have they had to do this for anyone else?

Edited by unzippy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, unzippy said:

Have they had to do this for anyone else?

Fox News had to do the same. 

But it’s too little too late to protect the gullible and the manipulated. They already believe that the lies are the truth and people don’t easily change what they believe.  

Just look at some of the people on here!   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

5 Feb 2023 - 309/100 submitted | 14 Mar 2023 309 & 100 granted

That is outrageous from the TV networks. Who do they think they are?

A candidate can say what they like. The opposition is their to oppose what they say and prove it wrong if they like.

It is not up to any media outlet to censor a presidential candidate.

No wonder CNN is such a disaster these days.

• Like 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

1 hour ago, Parley said:

That is outrageous from the TV networks. Who do they think they are?

A candidate can say what they like. The opposition is their to oppose what they say and prove it wrong if they like.

It is not up to any media outlet to censor a presidential candidate.

No wonder CNN is such a disaster these days.

If you're running for president it would be expected that you have integrity, and not knowingly make false or misleading statements during your campaign.

• Like 4

Australian Citizen since 2007 | Returned to the UK between 2008-2011 | QLD resident for over 20 years

All advice and opinions I provide on PomsInOz are solely my own and are general in nature. I am not a migration agent, accountant, tax expert or financial adviser, and my insights are no substitute for professional advice. I strongly encourage you to seek the guidance of qualified professionals for specific concerns. I do not assume any responsibility for actions taken based on the information provided in any of my posts, and if you choose to act on this information then you do so entirely at your own risk.

On 29/02/2024 at 18:13, Blue Manna said:

So @Marisawright, should the people of Transnistria be allowed to belong to Russia, or should they be allowed to belong to Moldova, or are you waiting for America to tell you who they should belong to, and are you happy for them to fight another war over it and which side will trump support, because we already know where biden stands.

Since the entire population is smaller than Newcastle, Transnistria obviously needs to be part of another country. It would be ridiculous for it to be independent.  Since the population is one-third Moldovan, one-third Ukrainian and one-third Russian, it's hard to see how the majority of the population would want to belong to Russia.  

The only fair solution is a referendum.  The difficulty would be whether a truly democratic referendum could be held.  As you know, Putin has a long history of election interference and rigged referenda so I'd like to be reassured it would be properly run.  

Whatever happens, it's not up to America -- or it shouldn't be.

Edited by Marisawright

3 hours ago, InnerVoice said:

If you're running for president it would be expected that you have integrity, and not knowingly make false or misleading statements during your campaign.

and...

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

5 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Since the entire population is smaller than Newcastle, Transnistria obviously needs to be part of another country. It would be ridiculous for it to be independent.  Since the population is one-third Moldovan, one-third Ukrainian and one-third Russian, it's hard to see how the majority of the population would want to belong to Russia.  

The only fair solution is a referendum.  The difficulty would be whether a truly democratic referendum could be held.  As you know, Putin has a long history of election interference and rigged referenda so I'd like to be reassured it would be properly run.  

It's not only Putin who rigs elections.

I wonder if there's going to be more "scream helplessly at the sky' protests this time.  I hope so.

12 hours ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

Fox News had to do the same. 

But it’s too little too late to protect the gullible and the manipulated. They already believe that the lies are the truth and people don’t easily change what they believe.  

Just look at some of the people on here!   

Do you include yourself in these comments or you see yourself above everyone poster , asking for a friend 

8 hours ago, Marisawright said:

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2023/05/05/mena-m05.html
how true any of this is I don’t know , but have read a fair amount it’s not that far off. Said from day one it’s not a simple Ukraine good Russia bad in all this 

15 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

Do you include yourself in these comments or you see yourself above everyone poster , asking for a friend 

Compassion for the conned. I save my contempt for the conman. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

5 Feb 2023 - 309/100 submitted | 14 Mar 2023 309 & 100 granted

26 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2023/05/05/mena-m05.html
how true any of this is I don’t know , but have read a fair amount it’s not that far off. Said from day one it’s not a simple Ukraine good Russia bad in all this 

No, of course it's not, IF you're looking at governments.  But if the Ukrainian governmetn was corrupt, the solution is not "let Russia come in and rule over them", is it? 

Imagine if the British government was making a mess of things, so America said, "OK, we'll just come in and take over the whole country, since you're not doing a good job".  Would that be fair?

The solution is for Ukraine's people to overturn the corrupt government and rule themselves, and there were some signs they were doing that before Russia invaded.