Parley

Should Donald Trump win Nobel Peace Prize ?

6 hours ago, InnerVoice said:

If there was a Nobel Prize for spouting nonsense, Trump would definitely be in the running. His latest claim is up there with 'injecting disinfectant' to treat covid.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66928305

Wasn't BBC fact checkers recently exposed for made up CVs?. Anyway, Trump has a way of giving you the executive summary and leaving out the nitty gritty.  This confuses a lot of people but it doesn't make what he says less true.

https://www.cfact.org/2022/07/26/threat-to-endangered-whales-gets-louder/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/feb/14/greenpeace-betrays-founders-to-peddle-junk-science/

And as @Rallyman always says: "follow the money" https://static1.squarespace.com/static/602b229e6e2e5511b4c43eb0/t/62a01dac024b2c655935e6c0/1654660525038/Save+RIght+Whales+COI+Letter+REPORT+-+2022-04-26+FINAL.pdf

Judge Arthur Engoron found that Trump and executives from his company, including his sons Eric and Donald Jr, routinely and repeatedly deceived banks, insurers and others by massively overvaluing assets and exaggerating his net worth on paperwork.

His ruling came in a civil lawsuit brought by Letitia James, New York’s attorney general, days before the start of a non-jury trial that will hear accusations that Trump, and the Trump Organization, lied for a decade about asset values and his net worth to get better terms on bank loans and insurance.

Are you telling me the guy who:

cheated to get into college

cheated to get out of Vietnam

cheated on his wives

cheated at golf

cheated students at his scam university

cheated donors to his fake charity

was just found liable for cheating on his financial statements?  Well I never!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, unzippy said:

Are you telling me the guy who:

cheated to get into college

cheated to get out of Vietnam

cheated on his wives

cheated at golf

cheated students at his scam university

cheated donors to his fake charity

was just found liable for cheating on his financial statements?  Well I never!

But, but, but…..imigrunts and the woke!!!

• Congratulations 1

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

5 Feb 2023 - 309/100 submitted | 14 Mar 2023 309 & 100 granted

15 hours ago, simmo said:

Wasn't BBC fact checkers recently exposed for made up CVs?. Anyway, Trump has a way of giving you the executive summary and leaving out the nitty gritty.  This confuses a lot of people but it doesn't make what he says less true

Well if you read the FAQ of the guys who wrote the 'follow the money pdf', you'd see it less than clear cut:

image.thumb.png.ca69a409d512008dd6b88791d98a4c6b.png

image.thumb.png.a1a378ab671990844c5c6432e76ed0fe.png

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Peach said:

Well if you read the FAQ of the guys who wrote the 'follow the money pdf', you'd see it less than clear cut:

image.thumb.png.ca69a409d512008dd6b88791d98a4c6b.png

image.thumb.png.a1a378ab671990844c5c6432e76ed0fe.png

Nothing ever is .

BREAKING: Hunter Biden, Ashley Biden and Joe Biden were just found to have lied on bank and insurance applications. Their businesses will now be dissolved. Forbes also estimated that Biden got over $5.4m from China while president. 

Oh, oops silly me. That was the Trumps: Eric Trump, Donald Trump Jr. and Former President Donald Trump. 

Meanwhile the GOP is trying feverishly to find business wrongdoings by Joe Biden, of which I have yet to see any. Their worst piece of evidence is that Hunter, who was living with parents at the time, used his parents address to receive a bank wire to his own account.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 19/09/2023 at 06:23, unzippy said:

How do we know he's not a Russian bot 🤷‍♂️

Sorry, missed this one.

When I was a lone voice opposing the invasion of Iraq I was accused of being a Saddam supporter. 

Then after a million or so innocents died for no reason suddenly I had company.

I expect over time the scales will fall off people's eyes and they will see the devastation that was Ukraine was largely unnecessary and caused by American warmongering. 

I'm patient. It took people a few years to see the truth about Iraq.

Now, apparently there's a referendum that needs my attention. I'll say no more on this.

Edited by Blue Manna

13 hours ago, simmo said:

20230928_183502.jpg

How come you don't post ones like this with Fox news et al failing to say "Trump is facing 91 criminal charges, has had his business shut down because of fraud, was found liable for rape, staged a coup and stole national secrets"?

Why don't those things matter?

• Like 1

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

35 minutes ago, Blue Manna said:

Sorry, missed this one.

When I was a lone voice opposing the invasion of Iraq I was accused of being a Saddam supporter. 

I expect over time the scales will fall off people's eyes and they will see the devastation that was Ukraine was largely unnecessary and caused by American warmongering. 

Now, apparently there's a referendum that needs my attention. I'll say no more on this.

Even for you this is quite the reach.   Don't worry, I'm here to help anchor you back to reality

• You absolutely were not a lone voice opposing the action in Iraq.  Even in the first year international polls never scored more than 11% support.
  • It's fine for you to be a supporter of Russia, that's your right.  But you can't re-write history.  Ukraine wanted closer ties to the EU and NATO.  Russia did not want that so annexed Crimean Peninsula, backing pro-Russian separatists for 8 years before invading.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blue Manna said:

Sorry, missed this one.

No you were not a lone voice.  I joined thousands of protestors marching in protest against the invasion of Iraq 20 years ago (in Sydney).  I'm sure the same thing was happening all over the place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Toots said:

No you were not a lone voice.  I joined thousands of protestors marching in protest against the invasion of Iraq 20 years ago (in Sydney).  I'm sure the same thing was happening all over the place.

The first Iraq war as well?

12 hours ago, Blue Manna said:

The first Iraq war as well?

Do you mean the 1990 Gulf war?  If so I was one of the many thousands marching in protest in Sydney.  There were more of us protesting then than 10 years later.

5 hours ago, Toots said:

Do you mean the 1990 Gulf war?  If so I was one of the many thousands marching in protest in Sydney.  There were more of us protesting then than 10 years later.

Good on you. I wasn't alone then.

The Biden Distraction Impeachment hearing yesterday was cringe inducing.  One by one each of the Repulicans had to state that after 5 years of investigation, not one of them was bringing a single piece of first hand evidence.  Not one solitary witness who can attest to witnessing the president committing a crime. 

Their very first witness says "no, there wasn't an impeachable offence"

5 years.  Zero.

They're going to shut down the government for this nonsense.  The difficulty that will cause the country is immense.  Why do Republicans hate the American people so much?

Edited by FirstWorldProblems
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

As I said, to tit for tat:

@simmo attempted to argue it but all he managed was a smiley face.

As usual.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

The Biden Distraction Impeachment hearing yesterday was cringe inducing.  One by one each of the Repulicans had to state that after 5 years of investigation, not one of them was bringing a single piece of first hand evidence.  Not one solitary witness who can attest to witnessing the president committing a crime. 

Their very first witness says "no, there wasn't an impeachable offence"

5 years.  Zero.

They're going to shut down the government for this nonsense.  The difficulty that will cause the country is immense.  Why do Republicans hate the American people so much?

Why do you hate Republicans so much.

Every administration goes through these debt ceiling shenanigans. You should know that.

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

2 hours ago, Parley said:

Why do you hate Republicans so much.

Every administration goes through these debt ceiling shenanigans. You should know that.

I don’t. 

They don’t. 

3 hours ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

I don’t. 

They don’t. 

They do. and they always get worked out at the eleventh hour.

It is how US politics works.

Really it is a good thing. If you have a credit card with no limit and keep spending and spending without justifying what you are doing, it is not good for you.

anyway as pointed out it has been worked out again at the eleventh hour like it always is.

• Like 1

Morning trump fans.  What the deal with trump not choosing to have a jury and now whinging that he hadn't got one?

Biden is seeing sense and building more of the wall between US and Mexico.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, unzippy said:

Morning trump fans.  What the deal with trump not choosing to have a jury and now whinging that he hadn't got one?

1 hour ago, Parley said:

That makes no sense what so ever.

Have you misunderstod the question?

Oh, you're deflecting because you don't want to/can't answer?  Got it👍

Edited by unzippy

12 hours ago, Parley said:

BUILD THE WALL! BUILD THE WALL!

Donald Trump could be the next speaker of the house. Does that mean more howling at the sky and pussy hats?