Parley

Should Donald Trump win Nobel Peace Prize ?

36 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

I have stated this many times that if these are the two best candidates for the president the world is in a sorry state , but as usual it’s only trump that gets a bashing it’s hypocrisy at its best 

It isn’t.  Hypocrisy is pretending to believe in something that you don’t.  

But I  assume what you are trying to say is why do PIO contributors criticise Trump and not Biden.   Well this is the Donald Trump thread.  Open a Biden one.    

It won’t be near as popular simply because Biden is a lesser degree of awful than Trump. 

If you sit back and think about it, have you heard anyone here extolling the virtues of Biden?   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

5 Feb 2023 - 309/100 submitted | 14 Mar 2023 309 & 100 granted

2 hours ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

But that’s the only option they have. These people who want to stay loyal to “their team” or “their guy”.  There’s no possible way to defend Trump. So all they are left with is whataboutism.   

Quite what’s so bad about saying “they are both awful” is beyond me.   I suppose it’s because in the past they’ve praised the man and it’s too hard to admit to being conned maybe?

Agree with you there.  They are both awful.  Can't stand listening to either of them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Totally serious.   You can't say, "Biden is senile so Trump must be perfectly healthy".  It doesn't work like that. 

You think if someone else your age has Alzheimer's it is logical that you must have it too because you are the same age.

That is very unusual logic i must say.

• Haha 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

27 minutes ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

But I  assume what you are trying to say is why do PIO contributors criticise Trump and not Biden.   Well this is the Donald Trump thread.  Open a Biden one.    

It won’t be near as popular simply because Biden is a lesser degree of awful than Trump. 

If you sit back and think about it, have you heard anyone here extolling the virtues of Biden?   

If it bothers you that much why don’t you start a Biden thread. I am happy to post here thanks .

He’s off the meds again. Goes on a rant about Biden then forgets it was his rant and thinks others are the ones wound up!   And you reckon Biden is the senile one?? 

Edited by FirstWorldProblems
  • Like 1

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

15 minutes ago, Parley said:

You think if someone else your age has Alzheimer's it is logical that you must have it too because you are the same age.

Even for you this is a desperate stretch.  
Might not be too late to edit it and try to save some face.  

13 minutes ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

Even for you this is a desperate stretch.  
Might not be too late to edit it and try to save some face.  

That is exactly what she said.

If Biden has severe cognitive decline then Trump must too because they are of similar age. It is a ridiculous not to mention ageist.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Parley said:

That is not what I said.  Every time someone questions Trump's mental or physical state, you ignore them and say, "but Biden is senile", as if that somehow dismisses all the concerns we could possibly have about Trump.  I'm trying to point out how breathtakingly stupid THAT logic is. However it seems I am expecting too much from you.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rallyman said:

I never stated that  just pointed out the hypocrisy in the article about trump’s health compared to the current president.  

If your read the thread in order, it helps.  This is what was said.  The poster is claiming trump world be better than biden as trump is "knows what day it is".

On 31/08/2023 at 18:08, Blue Manna said:

I don't think we would have the mess that is Ukraine if trump was in power. Personally not a fan, but it would be good to have someone who knows what day of the week it is.

I disagree and provided facts to back that up.

That isn't hypocrisy👍

Definition of hypocrisy:

/hɪˈpɒkrəsi/

noun

the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Rallyman said:

If it bothers you that much why don’t you start a Biden thread. I am happy to post here thanks .

You could start one, you know.  It doesn't change the fact that changing the subject is NOT answering the question.   If someone criticises Trump and you think they're wrong, the response is to give your reasons why you think they're wrong.   Not "oh, look over there, there's another guy who's just as bad". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

You could start one, you know.  It doesn't change the fact that changing the subject is NOT answering the question.   If someone criticises Trump and you think they're wrong, the response is to give your reasons why you think they're wrong.   Not "oh, look over there, there's another guy who's just as bad". 

Perfect whataboutism, some posters on here can be used as text book examples.

Time and time again.

18 hours ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

Biden is pretty awful. Have you looked back over his voting record? It might be better that he is senile, as he did some pretty awful things when he wasn't. I'd say they are bad as each other, and the next lot are no better.

4 minutes ago, Blue Manna said:

Biden is pretty awful. Have you looked back over his voting record? It might be better that he is senile, as he did some pretty awful things when he wasn't. I'd say they are bad as each other, and the next lot are no better.

Yes to all of that

Edited by FirstWorldProblems

8 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I refer you to my previous answer , 

22 hours ago, Marisawright said:

You don't think you can use comparisons as part of an argument?

22 minutes ago, Blue Manna said:

You don't think you can use comparisons as part of an argument?

Of course you can, IF the comparison is relevant.   If it's just whataboutism, then no.

• Confused 1

Comparing Trump to Biden is the most appropriate comparison there is.

They will be the 2 candidates for President in 2024.

I can't think of any other relevant points of comparison. There are other candidates who would be very good such as Ron De Santis. But the inescapable fact is Trump is so far ahead that no other Republican stands any chance of challenging him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Parley said:

But I have never seen you compare Trump to Biden. You simply ignore any negative statement about Trump as if they don't exist.  That is not a comparison.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Blue Manna said:

And this is the problem. If it could be confined to America, then it is their problem. Unfortunately America's influence reaches across the globe. We are all involved and need to keep an eagle eye on how we could so easily be involved in poor decision making by an equally poor government, regardless of who wins. 

It is looking more like a no win for Australia Biden or Trump. We find ourselves increasingly in a very troubled part of the world, with a high dependency on a large powerful nation in China, for our economic well being , who are having an increasingly negative influence within Australia on many fronts.  

1 hour ago, Parley said:

They will be the 2 candidates for President in 2024.

I can't think of any other relevant points of comparison. There are other candidates who would be very good such as Ron De Santis. But the inescapable fact is Trump is so far ahead that no other Republican stands any chance of challenging him.

When it gets down to the wire democracy is under threat or even being redefined largely by what is happening in America. (but not entirely) Mind boggling just how we have ended up with the choice of two ineffective, way past sale date (and much more) persons in which one will continue, or the other regain the presidency of the most powerful nation on earth. 

Also a matter of powerful elites paying a lot of money to influence the outcome of all sides. What's the saying about America? The best government that money can buy? It doesn't look good for the broader world outlook and an unstable America, as China and Russia are a danger to all. 

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

But I have never seen you compare Trump to Biden. You simply ignore any negative statement about Trump as if they don't exist.  That is not a comparison.

Please play the ball or we will have yet another good thread closed.

• Like 1

If Trump wins he will have a lot of work to do.

20230904_063733.jpg

native born august 2023.png

6 hours ago, simmo said:

Please play the ball or we will have yet another good thread closed.

It's a legitimate comment on the posts of @Rallyman, not the poster.

Playing the ball👍

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Marisawright said:

So when it’s stated that one can’t make a sentence just mumbles on and the other can that’s not a comparison . you can tell us which is which. 

• Like 2