Parley

Should Donald Trump win Nobel Peace Prize ?

There is quite a lot of push internationally for Donald Trump to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

Obama was awarded one for basically doing nothing, and now Trump has finally brought about the end of the Korean War as well as finishing off ISIS in Iraq and Syria.

A no brainer really. He deserves it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

1 hour ago, Parley said:

There is quite a lot of push internationally for Donald Trump to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

Obama was awarded one for basically doing nothing, and now Trump has finally brought about the end of the Korean War as well as finishing off ISIS in Iraq and Syria.

You may be onto something.  Trump needs his ego to be fed constantly and if this makes him think twice before escalating tensions in the Middle East or elsewhere and accidentally triggering a global conflict then it is a small gesture that could save millions of lives.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

1 hour ago, Parley said:

Trump didn’t bring about a thing, and ISIS have not been ‘finished off’.  Stay away from the fake news 

• Like 2

Changing my mind, he has efficiently destroyed ISIS, they have no major strongholds in Syria, he called out N Koreaa and now they are being nice, maybe there is something to being tough with rouge countries after Obamas rather weak reign in office.

• Like 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

9 hours ago, Bulya said:

Trump didn’t bring about a thing, and ISIS have not been ‘finished off’.  Stay away from the fake news 

Isis hold nothing of importance in Syria, they have been except for a few shells been destroyed.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

Isis hold nothing of importance in Syria, they have been except for a few shells been destroyed.

Suggest you look a little deeper

2 hours ago, Perthbum said:

Changing my mind, he has efficiently destroyed ISIS, they have no major strongholds in Syria, he called out N Koreaa and now they are being nice, maybe there is something to being tough with rouge countries after Obamas rather weak reign in office.

ISIS have been ceding territory for years.  The ‘caliphate’ was always a doomed enterprise but you are deluding yourself if you believe ISIS, as a movement, has been destroyed.  Let alone destroyed by Trump.  Can you name any single word or deed from Trump that has made any difference?

It is also much too early to start assessing Trump’s legacy in Korea.  There have been many false dawns in the past.  Hopefully this won’t be another.  Whilst I tend to think that China and S Korea have been vastly more influential directly with N Korea, the US policy towards China may have focussed their minds on the issue.

Obama was at something of a disadvantage when dealing with crackpot dictators compared with Trump in that they rightly see in Trump someone who is essentially unhinged and unpredictable.  Occasionally that may work well but the chances of serious conflict remain greater overall with Trump.  He is, in essence, just a playground bully....and always has been.  They often thrive until someone stands up to them - at which point they remember they have bone spurs in their foot or something and then run and hide behind their mums.

If you study history you will know that unhinged egomaniacs, Hitler for example, achieved political successes outside their country before escalating into all-out global conflict.

• Like 3

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

4 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Hitler for example, achieved political successes outside their country before escalating into all-out global conflict.

that didn't take long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

ISIS have been ceding territory for years.  The ‘caliphate’ was always a doomed enterprise but you are deluding yourself if you believe ISIS, as a movement, has been destroyed.  Let alone destroyed by Trump.  Can you name any single word or deed from Trump that has made any difference?

It is also much too early to start assessing Trump’s legacy in Korea.  There have been many false dawns in the past.  Hopefully this won’t be another.  Whilst I tend to think that China and S Korea have been vastly more influential directly with N Korea, the US policy towards China may have focussed their minds on the issue.

Obama was at something of a disadvantage when dealing with crackpot dictators compared with Trump in that they rightly see in Trump someone who is essentially unhinged and unpredictable.  Occasionally that may work well but the chances of serious conflict remain greater overall with Trump.  He is, in essence, just a playground bully....and always has been.  They often thrive until someone stands up to them - at which point they remember they have bone spurs in their foot or something and then run and hide behind their mums.

If you study history you will know that unhinged egomaniacs, Hitler for example, achieved political successes outside their country before escalating into all-out global conflict.

If you are comparing Trump to Hitler then I am afraid thats the end of any real discussion. And you say some of the crackpot leaders we have today think Trump is unhinged..:biglaugh:

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

If you are comparing Trump to Hitler then I am afraid thats the end of any real discussion. And you say some of the crackpot leaders we have today think Trump is unhinged..:biglaugh:

I wasn’t.

He has much more in common with Mussolini than he does with Hitler.

• Like 1

I think Trump would be a wonderful war time leader like Churchill.

He has that charisma to rally a country. In war time you need passion and speaking from the heart, not cool and calm like Obama.

17 hours ago, Perthbum said:

Wasn’t Bush tough on Saddam, Iran, Gadaffi, Afghanistan, and hasn’t everyone closed their eyes to the barbarity and religious extremism of Saudi Arabia, the perpetrator of so much of the  religious extremism in the East

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Wasn’t Bush tough on Saddam, Iran, Gadaffi, Afghanistan, and hasn’t everyone closed their eyes to the barbarity and religious extremism of Saudi Arabia, the perpetrator of so much of the  religious extremism in the East

Yes and look where it’s got us 

Trump has done what he said he would do in his manifesto to get elected , tell me a president that has carried out what he said  to get elected , once elected they change their mind and policy 

Yes and look where it’s got us  Trump has done what he said he would do in his manifesto to get elected , tell me a president that has carried out what he said  to get elected , once elected they change their mind and policy 

What has he done that’s made a difference? His Home Secretary is a bit of a w*nker, and he looks like he is seeking yet more conflict in the ME - sells more guns and other weapons doesn’t it to stoke up even more unrest in the ME, in cahoots with Israel. This smells more and more like those Iraqi WMDs that never were. Just a scape goat move. And no I don’t tend to wet my undies every time some one yells you MUST be scared and you MUST act, there is a threat of nuclear weapons (anywhere).

Things seem to be going well between the Koreas, thanks mainly to China’s blessing ( not that c*ckwomble mouthing off). That could change especially if afore mentioned bull in a china shop sticks his oar in. So he needs to stir a hornets nest else-where - quelle surprise.

The one thing he has consistently done is hog the limelight, spew hot air and claim credit for things that have happened despite him or were already occurring (the US economy improving steadily, since before he took office).

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Parley said:

I think Trump would be a wonderful war time leader like Churchill.

He has that charisma to rally a country. In war time you need passion and speaking from the heart, not cool and calm like Obama.

I would have thought the difference  between bombastic bluster and true courage was obvious to any human with 2 brain cells....but apparently not. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

On 30/04/2018 at 09:44, Parley said:

If he actually brought peace to Syria, then I would say yes.

• Like 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

If he actually brought peace to Syria, then I would say yes.

The entire Middle East in-fact - he can then have at it (the Nobel prize).

He could go and live in the UK and become Sir Donald whilst he's at it.  Now that has a ring to it.  After all you have Sir Mick Jagger and plenty of other Sirs prancing around and lowering the tone. 

• Haha 1

He could go and live in the UK and become Sir Donald whilst he's at it.  Now that has a ring to it.  After all you have Sir Mick Jagger and plenty of other Sirs prancing around and lowering the tone. 

Wrong. Try again. That’s usually for services rendered (to culture, music, performing arts, health, science, etc). You usually don’t get those accolades for claiming you did stuff, you actually have to have a proven, verifiable record of having done stuff over the period of what actually amounts to a long career. Then one can carry on lowering the tone.

Flash in the pan, here today gone tomorrow, has been types whose only claim to fame is lowering the tone won’t get any kind of accolade, in the UK, as far as Knighthoods etc are concerned. Usually you also have the small business of having to be British to overcome (distant ancestry is not a qualification).

Being President is a lot more exclusive club to be a member of.

On 5/1/2018 at 09:37, Gbye grey sky said:

I wasn’t.

He has much more in common with Mussolini than he does with Hitler.

If you are comparing Trump to Mussolini then I am afraid thats the end of any real discussion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Perthbum said:

If you are comparing Trump to Mussolini then I am afraid thats the end of any real discussion.

You think?

Quite similar I thought.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Being President is a lot more exclusive club to be a member of.

In America, maybe, and for those who like to ape Americans, perhaps.