is 60 points enough?

y not

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck recently  with a EOI, with only 60 points for a 489 state regional. Only wondering because that's all we haveo.O so just seeing if anyone has a story to say about there experience?

My  worring is about just getting  an invite in the first place, with only 60 points. Some people are saying that we will be ok and others say you need 70+ so just wanted to see how people are getting on. Glad your doing ok.:) PS Job is Occupational Therapy

Edited by y not
Job title

I applied for 489 state nomination to the NT as general electrician with 60 points in february.

Points are not a huge part in state sponsorship. If you are firstly granted the individual state nomination application, you will receive an automatic visa invitation. Some states require a direct application for the nomination part before your invited for the visa. The nomination application is were most people fail as the state requirements change frequently. Your occupation needs to be on the individual states list.

What occupation are you applying under and what state are you headed?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

That's for 192 visas 489 are different the state sponsorship is based on whether they want your occupation and how badly they need it, we got our acceptance within 1 week because qld need midwives.

wow that's good. Did you know they needed midwives?

2 minutes ago, woody2709 said:

I applied for 489 state nomination to the NT as general electrician with 60 points in february.

Points are not a huge part in state sponsorship. If you are firstly granted the individual state nomination application, you will receive an automatic visa invitation. Some states require a direct application for the nomination part before your invited for the visa. The nomination application is were most people fail as the state requirements change frequently. Your occupation needs to be on the individual states list.

What occupation are you applying under and what state are you headed?

NSW Occupational Therapy

26 minutes ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

That's for 189 visas 489 are different the state sponsorship is based on whether they want your occupation and how badly they need it, we got our acceptance within 1 week because qld need midwives.

Did you know that because of the Gov state skills list, or just looked on seek jobs to see if they needed midwives?

Sorry me again, can I ask if you done your skills assessment before submitting your EOI? or after. only asking because for OT there are two stages. Stage one is a desk top one in the UK and stage 2 is in Au. Don't know if yours is similar. I think I read that you do need to do it before but thought i would check. Cheers hope you all have a good week end.

My did hers before, call them and ask if you can email everything, if your not using an agent and your in the uk, call a local solicitor tell them what your doing as most will do it for a set price there's quite a lot of documents you will need them to be certified a solicitor, get 2 copies 1 for your skills easement and 1 for regulatory body that gives you your pin or license to work, if you have to get your pin (if you have one now)  sent out ask if they can email it or sent via courier recorded, that's what we have done for anmac which makes aphra easier. 

Ours was completely different to yours though, is there nowhere you can do it in the uk? 

Have you completed your English test?  Ielts

Have you got an agent? 

Edited by SUPERSTARDJ01
  • Like 1