Visa Lodgement / English Test

gord81

Hi all,

Received my invite for the 489 visa and just filling out the online form to lodge...... can anyone offer some advice on something.

Under my wife's details they ask if she has sat an English language test, she has not yet but we are booked to do so next week. If I lodge the visa with the information that she has not yet sat the test will I later be able to edit the application. For example I've read that without proof of English language ability there is a an additional fee (which is quite big).

I have already sat the test and we will be going on my points.

Any help offered greatly appreciated..... I want to get  this visa lodged asap :)

Thanks

Gordon

If you're filling in a form online and it says there's an extra fee, then I'd say you will pay the extra fee. The fee would be calculated automatically based on the form submitted, and the algorithm won't be clever enough to understand the English test is still to come.  I know it's tempting to fill it in right now, but I'd be waiting until she's done the test, just to be on the safe side.

Edited by Marisawright