CO contact timeline

Cables

Hi all.  Just wondering if there's a cut-off point for when a CO contacts you for the first time?  Im on 32 days and wondering if when I get passed (i.e.) 40, I can start chilling the champagne... or could they possibly contact me later than that?  Im going for Direct Grant, everything uploaded when payment made, so hoping I won't get assigned one and the golden ticket will come within 90 days!    Thanks! 

Hi all.  Just wondering if there's a cut-off point for when a CO contacts you for the first time?  Im on 32 days and wondering if when I get passed (i.e.) 40, I can start chilling the champagne... or could they possibly contact me later than that?  Im going for Direct Grant, everything uploaded when payment made, so hoping I won't get assigned one and the golden ticket will come within 90 days!    Thanks! 

With our application, first contact was made the day before grant. We front loaded every except Form 80. Uploaded it within hours of being asked for it and grant came that evening whilst we slept. Was about 6 weeks if memory serves

7 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

It isn't relevant. I have seen people gon10 days and get an email from co to two years to a rejection. 

So mine timeframe is 8-11 months, but as i say, hoping for direct grant.  From research, lots saying if they need to contact you, it will be in first 5 weeks.   Hoping thats the case, we're almost at that point. 

So mine timeframe is 8-11 months, but as i say, hoping for direct grant.  From research, lots saying if they need to contact you, it will be in first 5 weeks.   Hoping thats the case, we're almost at that point. 

Honestly, I think your clutching at straws Do you think DIBP look at all applications within 5 weeks and then say looks ok let’s keep em in suspense for 10 months now. It’s just luck of the draw depending on work load. As verystormy said could be 10 days could be two years.

No.  I am hoping that they'll look at it around 5 weeks, and send direct grant in another 8 with no contact.  Having looked further, lots of comments on this forum and others indicating approx 5 weeks contact date if you're going to get one assigned. 

I check everyday for updates on 489 visas. The majority of cases that have CO contact are between 20-40 days after lodgement. 90% that get over 50 days received a direct grant. As others have said there's no exact procedure to how they process cases. But definitely shows a pattern. If you havnt checked it out it's worth a bit of research to get an idea of other people cases

On 21/04/2018 at 06:53, woody2709 said:

I check everyday for updates on 489 visas. The majority of cases that have CO contact are between 20-40 days after lodgement. 90% that get over 50 days received a direct grant. As others have said there's no exact procedure to how they process cases. But definitely shows a pattern. If you havnt checked it out it's worth a bit of research to get an idea of other people cases

Yeh, have looked tonight also, and agree.  Im on 32 so fingers are crossed get over the 40-50 day count without an email!  I understand there's no set procedure,  but was just after some advice off people that have been through it.   Thanks for your reply!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woody2709 said:

It's also very dependant on how complicated your case is and how accurate and detailed all the information you provided them. Every case is completely different after all. Good luck!

Yeh for sure.  All docs uploaded and straightforward, so hoping an easy case for who ever picks it up!   Thanks again. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...